An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Chance This Could Be True?

bernard

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1313193310' post='2286702']
I have a term I made up: conspiradupe.
[/quote]

Good one.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1313193324' post='2286703']
So, could you please just state plainly your intentions here? If you are advocating belief that the last several popes are illegitimate, please say so so we can tag you. Thanks.
[/quote]

Just prove me wrong. I think the last few popes were legitimate I'm just not sure they were the popes that were sitting on the papal throne.

Edited by bernard

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313193019' post='2286697']

An unambiguous white signal means a pope has been elected. Plus there was lots of time to change the signal after the people in St. Peter's square started cheering. But no, they just keep stuffing the stove with dry straw.
[/quote]
Obviously it was ambiguous.

It seems to me the two terms are the same, with the one only being a special case. Both imply that the Pope is not legitimately the Pope.

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313193541' post='2286706']

Just prove me wrong.
[/quote]

thanks for answering the question, bro!

the two terms being sedevacantist and sedeimpedist.

Edited by Amppax

homeschoolmom

Just prove me wrong.
[/quote]

Seriously... could you just not dance around. If you are saying the most recent popes are illegitimate, SAY SO. Thanks.

Just prove me wrong.
[/quote]
Well I suppose proving that your video was wrong doesn't cut it for you, you're still going to trust the same people who put together a purposefully misleading piece of propaganda?

Found a new term! [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedeprivationism"]Sedeprivationist[/url]. YAY this is a fun game!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313193902' post='2286716']
Found a new term! [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedeprivationism"]Sedeprivationist[/url]. YAY this is a fun game!
[/quote]
dingdingding... we have a winner!

Bernard-- if this is, indeed, your belief, please say so.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1313193650' post='2286713']

Seriously... could you just not dance around. If you are saying the most recent popes are illegitimate, SAY SO. Thanks.
[/quote]

[mod]MIKolbe - criticism of our Holy Father[/mod]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313194198' post='2286720']

[/quote]
Thanks.

[/quote]

Hmmm well you know, Cardinal Siri himself didn't give much credit to this stuff. He submitted to the papal authority of the Popes elected.

[/quote]
Actual sources that would lead to this belief, since both Williams (obvious anti-Catholic bias) and Martin (doesn't even believe it happened in 58) shouldn't lead anyone in to such an error?

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313194437' post='2286725']

Hmmm well you know, Cardinal Siri himself didn't give much credit to this stuff. He submitted to the papal authority of the Popes elected.
[/quote]
He even used 1970 missal (*gasp).

[quote name='peach_cube' timestamp='1313194500' post='2286726']
Actual sources that would lead to this belief, since both Williams (obvious anti-Catholic bias) and Martin (doesn't even believe it happened in 58) shouldn't lead anyone in to such an error?

He even used 1970 missal (*gasp).
[/quote]

Well Martin said he got enough votes in 1958 and 1963 but he refused it under duress, and possibly again in 1978

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313194629' post='2286728']

Well Martin said he got enough votes in 1958 and 1963 but he refused it under duress, and possibly again in 1978
[/quote]

And you do know that revealing what happens in the papal enclave carries the penalty of excommunication?

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313194437' post='2286725']

[/quote]

There could be various reasons why he dis this. There is a lot of evidence that he was doing damage control and wanted to keep his position of influence.
There is that story about Paul VI throwing a bottle of ink at him during a heated argument. At the council it is believed that Siri effectively stopped them from reducing the position of the Pope to just another Bishop.

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313194629' post='2286728']

[/quote]
Check your source. He did not say 1958 see Loeffler, John, [i]The Wisdom of Malachi Martin[/i], Radio Liberty, Soquel, March 1997.

Even if he did Martin is a dubious source to say the least.