An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Chance This Could Be True?

bernard

Deus te Amat

I think the pot is calling the kettle black. I think I'm going to stick with the Church sent forth by Jesus rather than doubting on the basis of a few minutes of ambiguous white smoke and comments made by a possibly justifiably cantankerous old man. Let God judge me in Heaven, but I believe Benedict to be the True Pope. Better a pope than no pope, I always say.

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

MissScripture

[quote name='bernard' timestamp='1313560027' post='2289748']

That article was a pretty superficial analysis of the Siri thesis.
They mention Malachi Marin and none of the 3 others that said he was elected and pressed to abdicate,
Father Charles Roux, Paul Scortesci, and Paul Williams.

They only mention one of the instances where Siri was confronted about having been elected pope.

They ignore the possiblity that when Siri said I am bound by the secret he was referring to the secret of the confessional (as he just answered several question about the conclave), or that he just didn't want to answer the question.

It's true that Siri publically acknowledged John XXIII and Paul VI but various quotes of his reveal his true feelings were somewhat different.
He said "it will take the church 50 years to recover from John XXIII pontificate" "Vatican II was the biggest mistake in history" etc
[/quote]
So, if he just didn't want to answer the question, that could mean anything. It could mean he regretted that he didn't accept, but he didn't nonetheless. It could mean that he really, really wished he were Pope but wasn't actually. But it's pointless to speculate on what he could've meant, as we have no way of knowing for sure, regardless.
And those quotes regarding his "true feelings" on John XXIII and Paul VI do not in any way mean that he was actually Pope. They merely mean he didn't like the result, and one would think that if he WERE the real Pope, and he was so against what was happening, he would've fought for his papacy. He didn't. Get over it.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1313581795' post='2289809']
So, if he just didn't want to answer the question, that could mean anything. It could mean he regretted that he didn't accept, but he didn't nonetheless. It could mean that he really, really wished he were Pope but wasn't actually. But it's pointless to speculate on what he could've meant, as we have no way of knowing for sure, regardless.
[/quote]

Well the easy answer would be "No, I was never elected Pope"

And those quotes regarding his "true feelings" on John XXIII and Paul VI do not in any way mean that he was actually Pope. [/quote]

I know that, nobody claims they do.

They merely mean he didn't like the result, and one would think that if he WERE the real Pope, and he was so against what was happening, he would've fought for his papacy.
[/quote]

How do would you know what he would have done?

cmotherofpirl

Is there really any point to this continuing?
I think 8 pages of conspiracy theory is about enough. Stringing random facts, innuendo and faulty logic together doesn't make a cogent argument.
Do a sum up and then its getting closed,