An Old School Catholic Message Board

So My Mom Made Me Cry... :)

the171

Maximilianus

It's is pretty crazy dope when your mom supports interplanetary travel.

My mom used to make me cry a lot, but that was usually my fault.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312420708' post='2281172']
....My rosaries are carefully hidden in backpacks and purses.
[/quote]

Are you sure we're not related? LOL!

I was once found with a rosary, called a radical, and immediately asked if I was going to be a nun.

What subforum should I put the thread in?

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1312422327' post='2281191']
What subforum should I put the thread in?
[/quote]

Ummm.... VS or Open Mic. or lame board if we start getting silly. :P

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312422671' post='2281194']

Ummm.... VS or Open Mic. or lame board if we start getting silly. :P
[/quote]

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=114630

Tada! Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry, ladies. :)

OnlySunshine

My mom made me cry once when we were leaving Church. We had just finished hearing a talk from a friar and she said, "Now I know what being a religious entails. Are you sure you don't want to pursue it anymore?" I was flabbergasted. I had basically ended my discernment because I felt there were so many obstacles in the way including my history and current mental illness that I wouldn't find a community to accept me. Hearing the talks from the friars and a group of Sisters and my mom all made me feel as though the Holy Spirit was reaching out to me and asking me to take a second look. I'm still not sure it's going to lead anywhere, especially for a while since I feel called to finish school, but it was an interesting experience, nonetheless. :)

i think the support started when I told her I had an appointment with the Carmelites...and we couldn't back out hahaah Only way she would bring me (can't drive)

My mom and I actually had our first good conversation about discernment- we even joked about how they keep the habits clean!! :)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1312487897' post='2281559']
My mom and I actually had our first good conversation about discernment- we even joked about how they keep the habits clean!! :)
[/quote]

my mom said they'll have to make a mobile laundromat for me. hahaa i'm messy. especially when outside. and if i go to a convent or monastery with a pond....i'll flip. hahaah my friend was on a discernment retreat where she was canoeing with a sister. they flipped the canoe.

Pax_et bonum

My parents made me cry...the bad way. They pretty much did the opposite of your mom. They just informed me that I am not allowed to enter any cloistered community and that I am to not write to Mother Abbess anymore. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1312509803' post='2281704']
My parents made me cry...the bad way. They pretty much did the opposite of your mom. They just informed me that I am not allowed to enter any cloistered community and that I am to not write to Mother Abbess anymore. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

Lots of prayer! and hugs! See my posts about what I'm having to do to hide this from my parents.

Also, if there is someone in the parish office or a friend you trust with this sensitive issue, maybe you can have your letters sent there so you can still write?

Hugzzzz

[/quote]
prayers

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312513082' post='2281726']

Lots of prayer! and hugs! See my posts about what I'm having to do to hide this from my parents.

Also, if there is someone in the parish office or a friend you trust with this sensitive issue, maybe you can have your letters sent there so you can still write?

Hugzzzz
[/quote]
I'm actually facebook messaging with Mother. I could keep writing, and my parents would never know. I just don't know if I want to disobey them like that, at least right now. I turn 18 in November; if I'm still discerning Poor Clare life, I'll probably start writing again then. I'm praying for you, too.

Maximilianus

[/quote]

I was going to suggest you ask Blessed Kateri's intercession, but then I realized your avatar. Prayers