An Old School Catholic Message Board

Olam And The Pcpas

MargaretTeresa

All those who 'transferred" were those who left to begin new foundations e.g. Phoenix and San Antonio. One Sister who went to Phoenix as a Junior Professed left the order, and another who was just Solemnly Professed left as well. Two Sisters did go to Ohio (now in Charlotte), one recently returned to Hanceville and the other is now the abbess of St. Joseph Monastery. These things I know for certain as I am friends with the nuns in the Phoenix and Charlotte foundations. There are scads of solemnly professed and perpetually professed Sisters who are just plain gone. The answer is why?

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1311965852' post='2278199']
They may be recovering now, but I think that there was a substantial problem, and I hear, exodus. Not much info, out there. You'd have to know someone or pour thru posts to find out. I do know they had to bring in nuns from outside, including, I think, one from another charism, ?OSB? to restore...the situation.
[/quote]
Yes, she is an O.S.B.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311906484' post='2277883']

Thanks for this info. I would just be getting information, but I don't think I can understand how they're so... invested in EWTN and stay cloistered. To me it's like a conflict of two worlds.
[/quote]
I believe the cloistered nuns open and answer some of the EWTN mail.