An Old School Catholic Message Board

Exciting News!

FutureSister2009

FutureSister2009

Okay well we've all heard me talk about my favorite community the Franciscan Sisters Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus and of Mary Immaculate, this has just been announced at my Parish this weekend, our Pastor is entrusting the Convent to them! This means that more Sisters are going to be moving in and in October, their Foundress Mother Elisabetta Patrizi is coming to visit! :yahoo: The Convent is currently being renovated for them and they're asking the Parish for things to be donated. I'm trying to see what I can afford to donate. In the future the Convent may be used for Postulancy and as a Noviate but in the mean time, it's also going to be used as a Retreat House. I really can't believe it's actually happening! :nun2: :dance3:

But the bad news is, I still have to go away to school and I'm not going to be around to see the Sisters. I want to be there so much, especially to meet Mother Elisabetta. I have to find out when she's coming so I can try to come home. This would be a chance for me to meet her without flying out of the country! I'm also hoping that when I'm home on vacation, I can try to stay with them in the Convent for at least a week or so. It's a little disheartening since I've been praying for this for so long and I'm not going to get to be there to see it. :cry3:

Well my other concern is whether or not there will be enough work for the Sisters! They can't come here and sit around in the Convent! Hoping it will all work for the best!
I need to talk to my Pastor ASAP!

FutureSister2009

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311615618' post='2275710']
:woot: Where are you planning on going to college? Have you applied anywhere?
[/quote]

I've already been accepted to DeSales University. I'm registered and paid for. I'll be two hours away from home which will make it easier for me to come home to meet Mother Elisabetta. I just need to find out when she'll be here. Hopefully if I have a true "In" with the Sisters, I'll be coming home more often!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311616123' post='2275717']
I've already been accepted to DeSales University. I'm registered and paid for. I'll be two hours away from home which will make it easier for me to come home to meet Mother Elisabetta. I just need to find out when she'll be here. Hopefully if I have a true "In" with the Sisters, I'll be coming home more often!
[/quote]

I have friends going there. They love it!

FutureSister2009

Actually there is a little more bad news, I spoke briefly with my Pastor last night asking how many Sisters will be coming. He said there is only one girl coming from North Dakota who is just an aspirant. And there will just be the three Sisters who were already here. The way he's talking made it seem like we were getting 10 more Sisters. I really hope we get more. We could really use it. I'll be a tad jealous of the aspirant but I'll be praying for her as well. Hopefully next May I'll be aspiring too. I'm already aspiring but I want to be an official aspirant.

The good news is I am donating a can opener to the Convent! ;) I'm kind of running on a College Budget right now! rotfl It's just my way of saying Thank you!

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1311696348' post='2276230']
Actually there is a little more bad news, I spoke briefly with my Pastor last night asking how many Sisters will be coming. He said there is only one girl coming from North Dakota who is just an aspirant. And there will just be the three Sisters who were already here. The way he's talking made it seem like we were getting 10 more Sisters. I really hope we get more. We could really use it. I'll be a tad jealous of the aspirant but I'll be praying for her as well. Hopefully next May I'll be aspiring too. I'm already aspiring but I want to be an official aspirant.

The good news is I am donating a can opener to the Convent! ;) I'm kind of running on a College Budget right now! rotfl It's just my way of saying Thank you!
[/quote]

A can opener! That is great! Bad, old can openers are SO frustrating, and a good new one can just make all the difference, but they are nuns so they would just "offer it up!"

FutureSister2009

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1311696503' post='2276233']
A can opener! That is great! Bad, old can openers are SO frustrating, and a good new one can just make all the difference, but they are nuns so they would just "offer it up!"
[/quote]
I was going to be generous and get them a mop and broom too but I'm sure they'll get a kick out of the can opener!

Having an aspirant there will be so special! You can share your vocation journey with someone who is officially starting
hers :)

And can opener= fun and practical. Beautiful and functional.... :hehe: no, it's really a smart gift. People will probably buy them rosaries and stuff they already have 50 of.

Edited by Lisa

FutureSister2009

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311711105' post='2276289']
Having an aspirant there will be so special! You can share your vocation journey with someone who is officially starting
hers :)

And can opener= fun and practical. Beautiful and functional.... :hehe: no, it's really a smart gift. People will probably buy them rosaries and stuff they already have 50 of.
[/quote]

They posted an entire list of what they need for the Convent in our Parish Bulletin and people are in charge of it and they must contact them before buying stuff so there are no repeats of anything. The statues for the chapel were the most expensive things on the list and they're all purchased already!

FutureSister2009

Bought my can opener today! :like: :hehe2: I got a good one. And I'm going to put it in a nice blue bag to match their habits!

faithcecelia

Can openers, and indeed veg peelers, are quite honestly a major cause for suffering for sisters. It sounds daft I know, but I honestly found its the smallest things that are he hardest - the big you have usually already considered early in your journey. Being stuck with a utensil you just cannot get on with, and more particulally not being able to replace it, is harder than you could honestly imagine outside! I am sure they will love your gift!