An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should New Age Teachers Be Burned At The Stake If They Dont Stop Their

Deus te Amat

Okay. I would recommend it -- it's really beautiful.

I only ask because it is really hard to be a good Catholic when one condemns everyone else to Hell. God doesn't [i]want[/i] anyone to go to Hell -- but He gave us the freedom to chose whether or not to follow Him. If these new age teachers have never been taught the fullness of God's truth, if they have never [i]known[/i] God (and there is a big difference between knowledge and knowing), then they cannot willingly turn away from Him. They can turn away from a perceived idea, but that idea is not God.

Do you see what I mean, here? For a sin to be mortal, it has to fulfill three qualifications, one of which is they have to be in full knowledge of the sin they are committing. If they are honestly trying to teach what they believe is truth (and have never known the truth of God), then they are not necessarily committing a mortal sin. We need to approach them with compassion, because God is calling them to Himself, just as He is calling you. How is He asking you to help them? Because He is most certainly asking you to help them, not condemn them. You can be a light in the darkness for these people. How is He calling you?

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311521175' post='2274918']
Okay. I would recommend it -- it's really beautiful.

I only ask because it is really hard to be a good Catholic when one condemns everyone else to Hell. God doesn't [i]want[/i] anyone to go to Hell -- but He gave us the freedom to chose whether or not to follow Him. If these new age teachers have never been taught the fullness of God's truth, if they have never [i]known[/i] God (and there is a big difference between knowledge and knowing), then they cannot willingly turn away from Him. They can turn away from a perceived idea, but that idea is not God.

Do you see what I mean, here? For a sin to be mortal, it has to fulfill three qualifications, one of which is they have to be in full knowledge of the sin they are committing. If they are honestly trying to teach what they believe is truth (and have never known the truth of God), then they are not necessarily committing a mortal sin. We need to approach them with compassion, because God is calling them to Himself, just as He is calling you. How is He asking you to help them? Because He is most certainly asking you to help them, not condemn them. You can be a light in the darkness for these people. How is He calling you?
[/quote]
Great great post. I was out of line with this post last night. Your points are taken. Godbless.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1311519794' post='2274900']
Question. Do you read the Bible?
[/quote]

That book is rad!!!!1!!

You ever read [url="http://www.amazon.com/Cloudy-Chance-Meatballs-Judi-Barrett/dp/0689306474/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311521681&sr=1-1"]Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs[/url] ?

[quote name='Paddington' timestamp='1311521504' post='2274921']
Poor dUSt. :(
[/quote]
What do you mean ? Ok a mod should just delete this thread. I shouldn't of made it. I won't again lesson learned.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311505057' post='2274816']
I agree with you. To bad they are leading souls into hell. Religious freedome is good though. I'm glad the Church is in a new place now and we find it unacceptable. Although it may be to the greater good to souls if new age teachers were silenced. They teach lies straight from hell. Depending on my mood I may be inclined one day to ask some of them to pipe down. Hopefully they will listen as I can become impatient and irritated.
[/quote]

:blink:

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311505982' post='2274822']
Ok no but what if they are leading tons of souls into hell. What should be done ?
[/quote]

Prayers. And then call your local school board.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311521831' post='2274925']
What do you mean ? Ok a mod should just delete this thread. I shouldn't of made it. I won't again lesson learned.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1311533169' post='2275039']
:blink:

[/quote]
I was saying I'm glad the church doesn't support burning people at the stake anymore. I reread that paragraph and it didn't make sence. Opps thanks for pointen that out pointdexter.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311590534' post='2275439']
Kugo they tagged you up boy get that worked out.
[/quote]

È che cosa è! Nothing I can do, other than change my stance on homosexuality, which I won't be doing any time soon :)

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311590658' post='2275440']
I was saying I'm glad the church doesn't support burning people at the stake anymore. I reread that paragraph and it didn't make sence. Opps thanks for pointen that out pointdexter.
[/quote]

I thought that was a little out-there. Glad I just misread it, dude.

Groo the Wanderer

Why burn at the stake when we now have Slap-Chops!

[url="http://youtu.be/UWRyj5cHIQA"]My link[/url]

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

To make this clear I was talking about new age spirtual teachers. Not catholic teachers. Although they could pry end up in the same category if they didn't teach orthadox christianity. But then the church could take care of it. But look at someone like Glen Beck. He pushes a new age spirtual crack rock. Its disguised as christianity too. He's mormon. The mormon religion preaches another Jesus. Paul even warns of this in His gospel. That if one comes and preaches another Jesus to reject him. The mormon church has few million memembers. They are getting stronger and stronger. At some point some of these teachers may become very leathel to the soul.

Edited by Guest

What if a one world government is coming ? A one world currency. What if mormonism gets tied in with american government. Radical right is just as bad as radical left. Its all the same even if its in " jesus's" name.

But now I see the answer to my question. You can't burn them. You have to let them do what they came to do. Let Revelations playout. Many will be decieved and take the mark of the beast. Those who have ears will hear.