An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should New Age Teachers Be Burned At The Stake If They Dont Stop Their

Should they ? This new age spirit stuff is scary and satanic. I dabbled into it before coming home. These teachers are out for cash and satan is giving them power to decieve even if they don't know it. I think in the near future some of these teachers will even start to perform super natural miracles. So my question should they be burned alive if they don't stop their satanic teaching ?

Laudate_Dominum

My view: Religiously-motivated execution is not valid in the current stage of human social evolution and is unethical. Religious movements that condone violence and killing for the sake of doctrinal orthodoxy ought to be combated as enemies of the common good. The Catholic Church in the modern world is strongly opposed to religious violence. Incompetent teachers ought to be relieved of duty or given an opportunity to reform, not murdered.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1311499430' post='2274798']
My view: Religiously-motivated execution is not valid in the current stage of human social evolution and is unethical. Religious movements that condone violence and killing for the sake of doctrinal orthodoxy ought to be combated as enemies of the common good. The Catholic Church in the modern world is strongly opposed to religious violence. Incompetent teachers ought to be relieved of duty or given an opportunity to reform, not murdered.
[/quote]
Ya I agree with that. What if they refuse to stop teaching the new age stuff though ? What if they start to perform miracles ?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311499784' post='2274799']
Ya I agree with that. What if they refuse to stop teaching the new age stuff though ? What if they start to perform miracles ?
[/quote]
Miracles? I would cr[s][/s]ap my pantaloons and run.. haha. I really don't have a better answer to that conundrum.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1311499892' post='2274800']
Miracles? I would cr[s][/s]ap my pantaloons and run.. haha. I really don't have a better answer to that conundrum.
[/quote]
Ya I think were approaching that time.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311500043' post='2274801']
Ya I think were approaching that time.
[/quote]
What's happening? Some uber whack teacher running amok?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1311500834' post='2274803']
What's happening? Some uber whack teacher running amok?
[/quote]
Possibly. These teachers teach reincarnation and crazy stuff. I'm just waiting for one of them to show up in a spaceship.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311501029' post='2274804']
Possibly. These teachers teach reincarnation and crazy stuff. I'm just waiting for one of them to show up in a spaceship.
[/quote]
Wow. That's pretty bad. smh...

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311501029' post='2274804']
[/quote]
They have every right to teach about reincarnation, just as Christians have every right to teach that Jesus is god.
Religious freedom is a good thing.

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1311504291' post='2274813']
They have every right to teach about reincarnation, just as Christians have every right to teach that Jesus is god.
Religious freedom is a good thing.
[/quote]
I agree with you. To bad they are leading souls into hell. Religious freedome is good though. I'm glad the Church is in a new place now and we find it unacceptable. Although it may be to the greater good to souls if new age teachers were silenced. They teach lies straight from hell. Depending on my mood I may be inclined one day to ask some of them to pipe down. Hopefully they will listen as I can become impatient and irritated.

Laudate_Dominum

DB, are you talking about wacky religious ed teachers who are supposed to be teaching authentic Catholicism? I kind of assumed that this was the general context of the thread.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1311505118' post='2274817']
DB, are you talking about wacky religious ed teachers who are supposed to be teaching authentic Catholicism? I kind of assumed that this was the general context of the thread.
[/quote]
Not just leading catholics away but unbaptised unchristians to. People who are searching for God. New age teachers teach a false understanding of God. Sometimes calling him Source and the like. They teach about visulazing what you want and getting it. Its very occult. And I feel these liars need silenced. Sooner the better.

Edited by Guest

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1311505412' post='2274818']
Not just leading catholics way but unbaptised unchristians to. People who are searching for God. New age teachers teach a false understanding of God. Sometimes calling him Source and the like. They teach about visulazing what you want and getting it. Its very occult. And I feel these liars need silenced. Sooner the better.
[/quote]
Do you have any specific examples? Just curious.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1311505118' post='2274817']
[/quote]
No not talking about catholic teachers. Talking about new age occult teachers. They publish books and some appear on tv shows. I feel a new breed will be coming soon though and they will be more decieving and cunning. These are the ones i feel may need to be burned.