An Old School Catholic Message Board

Took The Plunge

LaPetiteSoeur

FutureSister2009

Next time I sign up for a retreat, I will not back out either! God-Willing I'll be able to participate in some retreats at my Parish if I can make it home!

LaPetiteSoeur

I heard from SME today! She said she hopes I can go to the Jesu Caritas retreats in the fall (as do I....) Once they're posted I"m supposed to email to let her know if I can come. Darn ridiculous university schedule. But I heard from her!!!

MissScripture

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311736546' post='2276604']
I heard from SME today! She said she hopes I can go to the Jesu Caritas retreats in the fall (as do I....) Once they're posted I"m supposed to email to let her know if I can come. Darn ridiculous university schedule. But I heard from her!!!
[/quote]
:dance: Yay! :dance:

Jennifer G.

I also emailed the Carmelites in southern MD (only thing I don't really like is that the nuns live in separate cottages, and have a hermitage as well -- seems almost redundant.).

Unfortunately, since I don't drive, my options are very limited as to where my family will drive me, which means in the immediate mid-atlantic area. (6 in Pennsylvania, 2 in New Jersey). One is too far away (Erie), one is Byzantine (Sugarloaf), a couple are a little too close to big cities/bad neighborhoods (Coopersburg, Philly, Morristown), and one is in the middle of nowhere (Loretto). Even Flemington is a bit far for my family to drive me, and that lives Elysburg.

My mom is taking this very, very hard, though at the thought of not seeing me for the rest of her life (starting to make herself sick.). Yes, I know there's 1 month visits, but with my mom, she'd prefer more than once per day. There is one cloistered order that she liked which was the Dominican Nuns in south central PA. I really love the Carmelites, but I do like the idea of the continual Rosary.

I suppose one in Catonsville or Westminster (granted, the habit of this order isn't my favorite, but I know the habit isn't everything).

The funny thing is, two of the convents I'm looking at (Port Tobacco and ASSP), they both have a Mother Virginia. Seems to be a running theme...

Edited by Jennifer G.