An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nola Nun Run

MargaretTeresa

MargaretTeresa

This is my schedule so far:

Tuesday: leave school at 5 am
arrive NOLA approx. 11:15 (This leaves time for gas and bathroom stops)
grab lunch at McDonald's
visit Daughters of Charity, Salesians or Sisters of Mercy the Holy Cross (met a Holy Cross sister at work today. She's on the vocation team. Told me to look them up.)
approximately 5 pm - arrive the Pauline bookstore. Look at books for a few minutes before introducing myself. Begin sleepover party with the Paulines.

Wednesday: wake up. Possibly go to Mass with Paulines.
depart Paulines. Possibly visit one of the communities listed above.
lunch
drive across lake to visit Carmel in Covington
drive home

This could change if I find another place to stay Wednesday night. I would love to be able to stay another night and do a little sight-seeing on like Thursday morning before I left town. I'm going to contact the Holy Cross sister. She said it would be two of them. If they have a couch, I might bunk there rotfl

I really want to see the cathedral and Quarter.

What places in New Orleans do y'all suggest I visit if I have time?

Pax and God bles.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311285138' post='2273203']

grab lunch at McDonald's
visit Daughters of Charity, Salesians or Sisters of Mercy the Holy Cross (met a Holy Cross sister at work today. She's on the vocation team. Told me to look them up.)
approximately 5 pm - arrive the Pauline bookstore. Look at books for a few minutes before introducing myself. Begin sleepover party with the Paulines.

lunch
drive home

This could change if I find another place to stay Wednesday night. I would love to be able to stay another night and do a little sight-seeing on like Thursday morning before I left town. I'm going to contact the Holy Cross sister. She said it would be two of them. If they have a couch, I might bunk there rotfl

Pax and God bles.

[/quote]

TELL THE SALESIANS, PAULINES, AND CARMS I SAID HI. :D Dylana.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311285396' post='2273211']
beginets (sp?) in the quarter!!!!!!!
[/quote]

If I get up early enough, beignets at Cafe du Monde shall be done... I've never had a beignet. and chicory coffee. Totes wanna try.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311285595' post='2273217']
If I get up early enough, beignets at Cafe du Monde shall be done... I've never had a beignet. and chicory coffee. Totes wanna try.
[/quote]

It's very fast- less than 10 minutes and you can be in and out :) You will end up covered in powdered sugar though!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1311285856' post='2273226']
It's very fast- less than 10 minutes and you can be in and out :) You will end up covered in powdered sugar though!
[/quote]

Well, it can't be argued that I'm sweet... lol

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311285595' post='2273217']
[/quote]

Nor I. And I live in SoLa. Everyone else has had those two things. xP

Edited by the171

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311285138' post='2273203']

grab lunch at McDonald's

lunch
drive home

Pax and God bles.

[/quote]

Find a beignet place and have beignets and cafe au lait. There are a few places called "Morning Call" and then there's Cafe du Monde. SO DELICIOUS. Also, get some gumbo--at cheaper places it's the best.

You can see the NDs, too--they teach at the cathedral school!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1311286005' post='2273230']
Nor I. And I live in SoLa. Everyone else has had those two things. xP
[/quote]

You should really fix that!! I had them for the first time in April--and my family's all from LA! And now that I'm living near there, I'll have to have them at least twice a year!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311294094' post='2273321']
You should really fix that!! I had them for the first time in April--and my family's all from LA! And now that I'm living near there, I'll have to have them at least twice a year!
[/quote]

I love love love gumbo. And ettouffee. And gumbo. The food is part of the reason why I want to move to Louisiana after I graduate and while I'm working off loans.

I just hope I have time for sight seeing stuff. :P

When you visit the Paulines, please tell Sr. Julia "hye" for me, her young fellow quote collector. ;) She should know who is meant.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311295217' post='2273339']
I love love love gumbo. And ettouffee. And gumbo. The food is part of the reason why I want to move to Louisiana after I graduate and while I'm working off loans.

I just hope I have time for sight seeing stuff. :P
[/quote]

Boudin. It is amesome, the Cajun speciality. I've often wondered how the rest of the world lives without it. :)
And King Cakes. With Bavarian Cream filling. Those are good. But they must be gotten from Meche's Donut King in Breaux Bridge. Hands down, they make the best.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1311296183' post='2273360']
Boudin. It is amesome, the Cajun speciality. I've often wondered how the rest of the world lives without it. :)
And King Cakes. With Bavarian Cream filling. Those are good. But they must be gotten from Meche's Donut King in Breaux Bridge. Hands down, they make the best.
[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes, yes!! Delicious. Shrimp eettouffe is by far my favorite. My mom makes it during lent (some penance, right? :blush:)

Also, red beans and rice with cheddar coagulated milk and green onions are delicious. Louisiana is so cool!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311297333' post='2273370']
Yes, yes, yes, yes!! Delicious. Shrimp eettouffe is by far my favorite. My mom makes it during lent (some penance, right? :blush:)

Also, red beans and rice with cheddar coagulated milk and green onions are delicious. Louisiana is so cool!
[/quote]

There's a little 24 hour place in the Quarter I want to go to. Supposed to have amazing red beans and rice and bloody marys, though I won't be drinking haha. And if I remember correctly, a ghost is involved?

I can't remember the name of it though. Dangit