An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Sisters Of Mery Of Alma Upcoming Retreats

Mary Magdalene

Mary Magdalene

[b]To all the lovely ladies out there discerning here are some dates for rereats being held by the Religious sisters of Mercy of Alma, Michigan:
Im entering in less than 2 weeks. It would be great to see some phatmassers at these retreats!

[/b][b]Retreats at our Convent in Knoxville, Tennessee[/b]

August 19-21

September 16-18

October 14-16
For more information or to register for a vocation retreat, please call (865) 690-9266 or (865) 243-7708 (cell).

[b]Retreats at the Motherhouse in Alma, Michigan[/b]

October 21-23, 2011
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, October 14.[/i][/color]

November 11-13, 2011
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, November 4.[/i][/color]

February 24-26, 2012
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, February 17.[/i][/color]

March 16-18, 2012
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, March 9.[/i][/color]

April 20-22, 2012
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, April 13.[/i][/color]

May 11-13, 2012
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, May 4.[/i][/color]

June 8-10, 2012
[color="#497fbf"][i]Please register by Friday, June 1.[/i][/color]

Young women between the ages of 18 and 35 who are discerning a vocation to Religious Life are invited to join us for a vocation retreat at our Motherhouse in Alma, Michigan.

Retreats begin on Friday afternoon with the arrival of retreatants and will conclude on Sunday morning with the celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. During the weekend, retreatants will be able to enter into the rhythm of life of the Community of Mercy.

For more information or to register for a vocation retreat, please e-mail us at [email="vocation@rsmofalma.org"]vocation@rsmofalma.org[/email] or contact Sr. Catherine Marie, R.S.M. at (989) 714-8556.

[url="http://www.rsmofalma.org/"]http://www.rsmofalma.org/[/url]

Edited by Mary Magdalene

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Mary Magdalene' timestamp='1311029254' post='2269690']
Young women between the ages of 18 and 35 who are discerning a vocation to Religious Life are invited to join us for a vocation retreat at our Motherhouse in Alma, Michigan.[/quote]

I'm so used to seeing minimum age of 18 and being :sad: but I've just realized that I will be 18 by the time the November retreat rolls around! :getaclue:
There needs to be a code word so you know if any of the retreatants are phatmassers :ninja:

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1311030756' post='2269717']
I'm so used to seeing minimum age of 18 and being :sad: but I've just realized that I will be 18 by the time the November retreat rolls around! :getaclue:
There needs to be a code word so you know if any of the retreatants are phatmassers :ninja:
[/quote]

Yay you'll be 18 soonish! Im sure they would make allowances if they knew you were 17, some girls enter just after they turn 18. I am all for a secret code word! What should it be though?... Any ideas?

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1311030980' post='2269729']
I"ll be at one!! I don't know which yet, though.
[/quote]

Thats amesome! Can't wait to meet you! You'll be able to pick me out, I'll be the one postulant with the Australian accent!

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1311031508' post='2269742']
Will you be at the retreats in Knoxville?
[/quote]

Unfortunately not, just in Alma. Unless they ask postulants to go. But I doubt that, We only enter in August, so we'll still be newbies!

she_who_is_not

Darn. I may be up at the Motherhouse depending on my schedule. However, the Knoxville retreats are heaps more convenient. I'll keep you in my prayers!

TheresaThoma

Thanks for posting these dates. I'm really interested in the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, they are pretty amesome. I might be able to go on a 2012 retreat. I'll probably talk with the Sisters that are here where I live first though, I like to be thorough in these things..
Mary Magdalene, congrats on entering (soon). I'm very excited for you and will be praying for you!\

Code word.... hmmm..."station"?

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1311054896' post='2269886']
Thanks for posting these dates. I'm really interested in the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, they are pretty amesome. I might be able to go on a 2012 retreat. I'll probably talk with the Sisters that are here where I live first though, I like to be thorough in these things..
Mary Magdalene, congrats on entering (soon). I'm very excited for you and will be praying for you!\

Code word.... hmmm..."station"?
[/quote]

Hi TheresaThoma! I hope you get to know the sisters that live locally, they are an amazing community! Praying for your discernment! Thanks for the prayers!

We should work out a way of dropping the code word casually in coversation to work out who the phatmassers are!

Edited by Mary Magdalene

Catherine Therese

MM - your time must be getting pretty close - when do you fly out to the US?
If I don't get to speak to you before you go - God speed, know of my prayers.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1311082136' post='2269998']
MM - your time must be getting pretty close - when do you fly out to the US?
If I don't get to speak to you before you go - God speed, know of my prayers.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Catherine Therese! Im leaving next Friday, so soon! But I am super excited. You leave not long after, all the best everything!

Catherine Therese

[quote name='Mary Magdalene' timestamp='1311082367' post='2270003']
Catherine Therese! Im leaving next Friday, so soon! But I am super excited. You leave not long after, all the best everything!
[/quote]

Next Friday - wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! :D

I leave on 10 August and I'm coming by way of a two-day pit stop in Hawaii... is that naughty of me? My intention is to laze around on sunny beaches with a few good books, maybe a couple of drinks with little umbrellas in them and the company of my about-to-be-sister who is accompanying me on the journey.

Jokes about luxury aside, however - its actually saving me about $600 to go and spend two days in Hawaii rather than flying directly from Sydney to Nashville, and hey, its a way more pleasant way to do the trip and beat the jet lag, so why not?

Anyway, I've hijacked your retreat thread - I'm sorry.

Ladies, please direct your attention to the information about the upcoming retreats in Alma and Knoxville, above!!!!

God bless xx