An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Civilized And Focused Discussion On E F

add

Ash Wednesday

Anyone care to share a civilized and focused discussion on the Novus Ordo.....said in Latin? :bananahi:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1311025518' post='2269654']
Anyone care to share a civilized and focused discussion on the Novus Ordo.....said in Latin? :bananahi:
[/quote]

i've been, and must say it was a meh experience (wow that definitely needs some qualification: the mass=amesome, but the Latin didn't do anything extra special to it for me)... partly because i don't understand enough Latin anymore, and partly because I didn't like the priest (he was a little [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/crazy.gif[/img])

Edited by Amppax

Maximilianus

[quote name='add' timestamp='1310902452' post='2268687']
what is all the hub-bub?
[/quote]

I know right, everyone should just adopt the Mazoarabic rite... it's fun to say. Mazoarabic.

MissScripture

I've been to half of one! The priest forgot he was supposed to be saying it in English until one of the altar boys finally informed him he was doing the wrong language. Father apologized and finished in English, telling us about the time he was lecturing a bunch of English-speaking seminarians and quoted someone in German, and finished the lecture in German without realizing it.

faithcecelia

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1311025518' post='2269654']
[/quote]

This is the Mass I get to go to most commonly and its great. Its great because its Mass!!! Its also lovely because its at St Cecilia's and the singing is so sweet.

I have been to many NO Masses in English. They have varied dramatically for many, many reasons, but were all great. Thjey were all great because they are Mass!!!!

I have now been to a few EF Masses and they are great too. Because they are Mass!!!! They would be even more fantastic if they weren't whipped through as fast as is humanly possible.

I will be going to the new Ordinariate Masses once they are formally approved (at present using NO) and I'm sure they will also be great - because they will be Mass.

I do find it terribly sad when there are so many discussions and debates putting one form of Mass down and insisting the other is the only good one. The Church in her wisdom has chosen to allow us this freedom in how we worship, and I personally believe this diversity will increase over time. Differing styles does not mean differing faiths and values, just different ways of expressing it.

Ash Wednesday

Some of the most beautiful liturgies I've ever attended are Novus Ordo recited in Latin. I just find it funny when people say "the Novus Ordo is fine, but I prefer to hear the mass in Latin"

Of course I know people usually mean Tridentine but I'm just being nerdy and am easily amused. Actually it's sad when I think about it, too, because a Novus in Latin is so beautiful and was supposed to be more widespread than it ended up being. :(

Edited by Ash Wednesday