An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Could Have Been The Last Time I....

faithcecelia

faithcecelia

I bought a pack of 4 toothbrushes today, they are hopefully the last toothbrushes I will ever buy myself!:dance:

Anyone else doing their 'lasts'???

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1310582605' post='2267008']

Anyone else doing their 'lasts'???
[/quote]

Last week I baked the last cake for my mothers and my fathers birthday... It is our family tradition to bake cakes for each others birthdays... And two months ago I received my last birthday cake from my family.... :sad:

Somehow all these "last" things are scary :wall: and amazing at the same time! :nunpray:

FutureSister2009

This is probably my last summer at home for the full summer. And when I go to NYC to see Hair on my birthday, it may be my last Broadway show ever but I might try to see Wicked one more time. And we're also going to Disney World next year too. That will be my last trip probably as well.

faithcecelia

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1310587046' post='2267058']
This may well be my last year of school.
[/quote]

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Deus te Amat

[/quote]

Don't count your chickens. The Dominicans will probably send you back. Muahahaha.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1310587354' post='2267064']
Don't count your chickens. The Dominicans will probably send you back. Muahahaha.
[/quote]

Ummm, monastery. Not entirely sure I'm going to be a sister, leaning more towards nun.

TeresaBenedicta

Well, I'm pretty sure this will be my last midnight premier!! Going to see Harry Potter tomorrow night!! :dance:

MargaretTeresa

[/quote]

Same here!

FutureSister2009

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1310597070' post='2267135']
Same here!

[/quote]

ME TOO!!!!! :yahoo:

I can't wait till I get to my lasts. :) OOHH, not my last year, but my last SCHOOL. :) Entering after high school hopefully. :D

Lilllabettt

I would encourage everyone to not put too much stock in your lasts. Never say never and all that ... but truly, God does have a way of delivering surprises.

I know a Sister who rode horses, and she entered thinking "I've rode my last horse." Two weeks later, they were at a farm, and voila, horse rides were had by all. Another Sister I know thought she'd given up ice-cream. Two weeks later, ice cream. I thought I'd never go to the movie theater again. Or to the symphony. But those things happened within two years of me being in religious life.

Yup. Never say never. "This the last time I'll be in this (XYZ) lab". Nope. Two and a half years later voila -- I walked into that lab. Again

faithcecelia

Well I'm doing my 'lasts' a second time! Its only lighthearted and thinking this way is certainly making my time seem less long :like:

A couple of weeks ago I probably had my last Clinique shopping spree, but I did buy enough to last about 10years :blush: