An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Retreat In January

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1311001358' post='2269409']
Attagirl, DtA
*avuncular hug and forehead smooch
[/quote]

I think it's funny that you are one of the very first people I talked to on PM and you are STILL following my vocation journey. :clapping:

You're kind of amesome, Br. Bruno.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1310685073' post='2267534']
It's official - Louisiana trip has become a NOLA nun run!
[/quote]

Go see the NDs! They have a convent there that I totally want to visit. Sr. Mary Herman told my gran that I should go (even though my gran didn't tell her I was discerning. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img])[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

LaPetiteSoeur

I'd like to go, but I don't think I can....but I'm trying to make a personal visit (I have to email Sr. Mary Emily).

she_who_is_not

I saw a great picture of a ND standing on the field after the Saints won the NFC championship a couple years ago. I'll try to find it. Ok, I don't have time to upload the pic but here is a link to the story. [url="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/american-football-nuns-on-the-run-as-saints-go-marching-on-1891637.html"]Praying for Victory[/url]
Those prayers worked.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1311019075' post='2269587']
I saw a great picture of a ND standing on the field after the Saints won the NFC championship a couple years ago. I'll try to find it. Ok, I don't have time to upload the pic but here is a link to the story. [url="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/american-football-nuns-on-the-run-as-saints-go-marching-on-1891637.html"]Praying for Victory[/url]
Those prayers worked.
[/quote]

So cool! I love the NDs. I also love Louisiana!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1311021202' post='2269601']
So cool! I love the NDs. I also love Louisiana!
[/quote]

Have any of y'all been to New Orleans? If I have extra time, where should I visit?

(This is my first Louisiana trip)

MessorCarus

I would love to go on that retreat, maybe I will get to visit again some time next year.

You'll have a great time, I went on a vocation retreat in May 2010, it was beautiful. :love:

MissScripture

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1311082697' post='2270009']
I'd love to see some of you there :) That is going to be my home in about 3 weeks :)
[/quote]
:dance:

Sadly, I won't get to go visit there again until my sister takes First Vows, because of the baby on the way (well, that part isn't sad). And that will be after you get the habit! :blink: Wow, when I put it that way, it seems like it will be forever before I see my sister again! But I'm so excited for you!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1311038352' post='2269797']
Have any of y'all been to New Orleans? If I have extra time, where should I visit?

(This is my first Louisiana trip)
[/quote]

Cathedral, cathedral, cathedral!!! It's absolutely beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

I think my daughter, twin of newly professed Sr. A.M., is considering attending. . . or maybe it's a passing case of "I miss my sister and I envy her peace and joy" syndrome. :idontknow: