An Old School Catholic Message Board

Satan

Lil Red

Is Satan a real creature?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

The devil is ABSOLUTELY real. Make no mistake about it. Trust me I have seen him and no I was not hallucinating, nor do I want to recount the experience which only my spiritual director is aware of. Satan is a being of destruction and vile cruelty the likes of which are impossible to imagine. His presence is like a chilling wind which has an eerie freeze that accompanies it that is completely unearthly. A coldness...a coldness of heart that...I just cant describe it. It makes the soul shudder.

i had a professor who said that, "hell exists b/c God gave us free will." and that only by definitively denying/rejecting God can one go to hell -- and that it is almost impossible to definitively deny/reject God -- hmm.... i see many, many problems with the implications of his statement, the last one, i mean.

[quote name='Anna' date='Jul 5 2003, 01:27 AM']Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Mandy...
And you kissed me and stopped me from shaking...

Play it backwards:

Hey, it's me, the devil...bow down and worship...Hey it's me, Barry Manilow, I mean the devil...bow down and worship.... :lol:
[right][snapback]1061[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:ohno:

I sing this song in the shower all the time...The neighbors are suing my parents for noise pollution.

I loved watching the Judas Priest trial where the kid was blaming the band's lyrics for his failed suicide (the suicide part, not the failed part. The failed part he blamed on the shotgun manufacturer)

They played the song backwards and then asked Halford what he thought it said: "I asked for a peppermint...i asked her to bring me one." It really did sound like that.