An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clothing Countdown

NovemberFourth

NovemberFourth

Sorry.
I'm too excited to resist. So I am starting a countdown until my Clothing with the Servants of the Sacred Cross. :yahoo:
35 days! :nun1:

So happy, happy, happy!
:)

faithcecelia

Oooh sooo exciting! I will be praying for you.

Oooh sooo exciting! I will be praying for you.

[quote name='NovemberFourth' timestamp='1310188980' post='2264862']
Sorry.
I'm too excited to resist. So I am starting a countdown until my Clothing with the Servants of the Sacred Cross. :yahoo:
35 days! :nun1:

So happy, happy, happy!
:)
[/quote]

hOW EXCITING FOR YOU! :clapping: :nunpray: :flowers: :dance4:

Do you know what named you will be taking?

NovemberFourth

I will be keeping my baptismal name.
If I were not... and if I could choose, I would take Sister Michael Rose of the Sacred Heart as my name in religion. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am SOOOO praying for you! Where will you be clothed? In Canada? And what is the exact date? I'm too caffeinated tonight to try to figure it out.

NovemberFourth

Thank you so much for your prayers!

God willing, my clothing should be on the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. So in 18 days time! I am flying to Canada on the 11th.
I am excited and nervous at the same time. I've got constant butterflies in my stomach! I have just heard that my habit is now ready. I guess you can all imagine how wonderful those words sounded. Wonderful and a little strange at the same time. I feel very undeserving of the privilege of wearing it. God's mercy overwhelms me!
Someone posted, here I think, a comment that the habit is a Sister's wedding dress, but also her shroud.
I am very grateful to whoever posted that because it has really given me food for thought, meditation and prayer. It is a truly beautiful thought.

N4

clapping, clapping for you! :bounce: Will you be clothed as a Conventual Sister or an Extern Sister? Do you know if a Convent/house is going to be reopemed? I've been following the SSC;s for a bit now :) See private post reply

NovemberFourth

Many, many thanks for your prayers. I shall be praying for everyone on VS at my clothing.
You can find the SSC photo album here. There are lots of pictures of the habit too!
[url="http://www.thesacredcross.org/album.htm"]http://www.thesacredcross.org/album.htm[/url]
I am going to be, if it pleases God, an Extern Sister.
I can't really comment about, or on, the opening of a Convent - or the plans of the SSC because I am currently a Postulant and am very new and hence understand and know comparatively little. So, I cannot, and would not presume to, speak for the SSC as I would probably get it wrong! :)
Anything I post here is posted by me as an individual. Which probably explains a lot! :)
What I will say is that if anyone is considering the SSC or has questions, please do contact Mother Wendy she is a wonderful, and very approachable Superior.

N4