An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Consensus Reached Gay Marriage Religious Consensus Reached G

add

AccountDeleted

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1309031695' post='2258685']
(hope this is sarcasm) because all it does is breed bad feelings, misunderstandings, misconceptions, and prejudices on both sides.
[/quote]

It was not sarcasm.. it was intended as light hearted humour to lighten the mood here a little... so excuse me while I back out of this obviously hostile and unfriendly thread where differing opinions are obviously not welcome (no sarcasm here either!)

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1309031695' post='2258685']
(hope this is sarcasm) because all it does is breed bad feelings, misunderstandings, misconceptions, and prejudices on both sides.
[/quote]

I could not agree with you more! To me this is futile considering that it is basically the middle to far right conservatives against the middle ground to the far left liberals. This forum should have a special room for these topics for those not wishing to get sucked in.

I am quite sure there are both gays and lesbians in this phorum as well as the Catholic Church, the priesthood and religious life. How safe do you think someone would feel "coming out" in this environment???

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1309032205' post='2258691']
It was not sarcasm.. it was intended as light hearted humour to lighten the mood here a little... so excuse me while I back out of this obviously hostile and unfriendly thread where differing opinions are obviously not welcome (no sarcasm here either!)
[/quote]

Sorry Nunsense, if I came off rude or unfriendly to you, I didn't mean anything by it.

I have found that on the phorum in general, cares about the most petty things, while other issues merely get mocked and shoved under the carpet....but I did not mean to be unfriendly to you.

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1309043489' post='2258751']
I could not agree with you more! To me this is futile considering that it is basically the middle to far right conservatives against the middle ground to the far left liberals. This forum should have a special room for these topics for those not wishing to get sucked in.

I am quite sure there are both gays and lesbians in this phorum as well as the Catholic Church, the priesthood and religious life. How safe do you think someone would feel "coming out" in this environment???
[/quote]

I don't suppose it would feel terribly safe to come out in this environment. But then this forum is intended to support & promote Catholic teaching; if someone wanted to come out on a chat board, I think they could find plenty of better forums on which to do so.

If someone did decide to come out on Phatmass, I think most of the Phamily would support the person with prayer, encouragement, resources, and advice for living the Church's teaching.

Nihil Obstat

What sort of 'coming out' are we talking about? :unsure:
Are we talking "I'm here, I'm qu[s][/s]eer, get used to it!" Or are we talking about "Guys, I struggle with same-sex attraction and I'd like to ask for your prayers that I can overcome it."
If the former, that has no place on a Catholic website. If the latter...... it's happened. We should all pray for each other that we can overcome our particular weaknesses, and SSA is one (particularly trying) weakness out of many.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1309043489' post='2258751']

[/quote]

No one here is chastising gays and lesbians, as a catholic, I believe it is a sin to harshly judge other people's lifestyle. Gays and lesbians most certainly are welcome to pray, worship and practice the faith and to follow Jesus. I know and respect any person no mater his or her sexual orientation, if they practice the catholic faith.

However, it is a most heinous sin for the priesthood and religious life to advocate or participate in the Gays and lesbian lifestyle. The institution of Marriage is sacred. The institute of Marriage is a blessing, The institution of Marriage is intended for one man and one woman to unify into one, for life…

Peace be with you

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1309061928' post='2258831']
What sort of 'coming out' are we talking about? :unsure:
Are we talking "I'm here, I'm qwerty, get used to it!" Or are we talking about "Guys, I struggle with same-sex attraction and I'd like to ask for your prayers that I can overcome it."
If the former, that has no place on a Catholic website. If the latter...... it's happened. We should all pray for each other that we can overcome our particular weaknesses, and SSA is one (particularly trying) weakness out of many.
[/quote]

In total agreement.

[b]Religious redundancy
[/b]

Isn't it funny that the two most prominent (Catholic) politicians in the successful campaign to legalize same-sex marriage in New York have no respect marriage or for the wedding vows they once took .