An Old School Catholic Message Board

If An American Believes In The Constitution But Doesn't Believe Th

Winchester

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308343745' post='2255286']
Absolutely.
However, let's say that in 1920, lots of constitutional scholars were debating on the 19th amendment (I don't really know how that went down, but that sounds mostly reasonable to me. :) ). I imagine some of them were against it entirely, some though it was already implicit in the constitution, and some felt that an amendment was needed. I think we can call all of them constitutionalists (if their other views generally lined up with what we accept as constitutionalism), because they'd be debating based on the constitution itself.
[/quote]

But how are sammiches and sammich making unconstitutional? And why is it being argued?

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1308344280' post='2255296']
Please..

no sammich v. sammich debating....
[/quote]

oh come on!!!! First no Catholic v. Catholic...now no sammich v. sammich? How am I supposed to defend hard salami? It's the best sammich meat. EVAR!!!!

I love you.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1308344280' post='2255296']
Please..

no sammich v. sammich debating....
[/quote]

[b][size="7"]A++++++++++[/size][/b] :clapping:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1308344399' post='2255298']
oh come on!!!! First no Catholic v. Catholic...now no sammich v. sammich? How am I supposed to defend hard salami? It's the best sammich meat. EVAR!!!!

I love you.
[/quote]
I agree with that, actually.

my wife can vote, so long as she votes the same as me... i will not waste my time, going to the polls, if she is going to cancel out my vote - WHAT'S THE POINT?
Yes, to woman being allowed voting as long as she agrees with me and votes the same as I.

Edited by add

[quote name='add' timestamp='1308358771' post='2255405']
my wife can vote, so long as she votes the same as me... i will not waste my time, going to the polls, if she is going to cancel out my vote - WHAT'S THE POINT?
Yes, to woman being allowed voting as long as she agrees with me and votes the same as I.
[/quote]
Next poll: Should add be able to vote?

no

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1308359700' post='2255413']
Next poll: Should add be able to vote?

no
[/quote]

[font="arial"][font="arial"]
[b]i second that vote, if it's constitutional?
[/b]
[/font][/font]

[quote name='add' timestamp='1308396459' post='2255517']
[font="arial"][font="arial"]
[b]i second that vote, if it's constitutional?
[/b]
[/font][/font]
[/quote]

I love the Constitution.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1308343378' post='2255277']
I love sammiches...as long as they are made by my sisters and sometimes my brothers....especially two hours before Mass, because then I know that I am good for the fast.

I love that.
[/quote]

It takes you an hour to eat a sammich? Get to confession - sloth is a sin. NOM NOM NOM!!

Chrysophylax

I like ham and thuringer. And turkey in a pita! w/ Caesar dressing and lettuce and coagulated milk.

edited: whoops, i didn't realize there were two pages and i was replying to the sammiches

Edited by Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1308661652' post='2256747']
It takes you an hour to eat a sammich? Get to confession - sloth is a sin. NOM NOM NOM!!
[/quote]

rotfl NOM NOM !!!

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1308345726' post='2255315']
I love b-o-l-o-g-n-a too....though...
[/quote]

It's all b-a-l-o-n-e-y :P

infinitelord1

Dont you think that voting is a freedom?

God wishes for all of us to have freedom so long as we don't hurt others with it.

Honestly though, I am kind of tired of this feminist stuff. No offense. I really think it exists only because some women have been hurt (which is unfortunate). The more and more we get away from the traditional man (provider) woman (nurturer) society...the more chaotic things are going to be, and the more we will see a turn for the worse.

I want things to swing back towards the old way. Where the woman stays home and takes care of the kids and cooks while the man goes to work and provides for the family.

But yeah...even in this ideal society...women should be able to vote.

Edited by infinitelord1