An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Best Argument Against The Theory Of Evolution I Have Ever Seen.

ParadiseFound

fyi, [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]the guidelines[/url] still apply, even if these people don't know you're speaking about them in a despicable manner.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308171559' post='2254212']
fyi, [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]the guidelines[/url] still apply, even if these people don't know you're speaking about them in a despicable manner.
[/quote]

Yeah...because talking about someone in a despicable manner should be reserved for discussions about liturgical abuses and the appropriate use of stringed-instruments!

(Not directed at you, of course. Just a more general comment)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308173054' post='2254229']
if i called nihil a drooling idiot, you can bet i'd get warned for it. ;)
[/quote]

Warned by the amesome police :)

I think it's different, though. Public officials are susceptible to high amounts of criticism. But while Sarah Palin certainly displays a proclivity towards idiocy, there's no proof that she drools. Thus, calling her a "drooling idiot" is unfair and unfounded. Show me a drool-drenched pillow and I will defend the ability to call her a "drooling idiot."

And though I disagree with Nihil, he is clearly not an idiot. A drooler? Possibly. I'll keep you posted...

Edited by kujo

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1308173348' post='2254233']Warned by the amesome police :)

I think it's different, though. Public officials are susceptible to high amounts of criticism. But while Sarah Palin certainly displays a proclivity towards idiocy, there's no proof that she drools. Thus, calling her a "drooling idiot" is unfair and unfounded. Show me a drool-drenched pillow and I will defend the ability to call her a "drooling idiot."

And though I disagree with Nihil, he is clearly not an idiot. A drooler? Possibly. I'll keep you posted...[/quote]I'm afraid you may of misunderstood. What they are saying is, you can't be mocking people they like, otherwise you may face censorship, warnings, temporary suspension, and closed topics.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1308173348' post='2254233']
Warned by the amesome police :)

And though I disagree with Nihil, he is clearly not an idiot. A drooler? Possibly. I'll keep you posted...
[/quote]
one, it disturbs me to know that you can gain the knowledge of finding out if he's a drooler.

two, i know he's not an idiot, drooling or otherwise. ;)

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1308173574' post='2254235']I'm afraid you may of misunderstood. What they are saying is, you can't be mocking people they like, otherwise you may face censorship, warnings, temporary suspension, and closed topics.[/quote]
i never said i liked Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann. :blink:

and if you have a problem, take it up with my boss.

and i would just add (to be contrary), Sarah Palin displays no less idiocy than Barack Obama.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308173692' post='2254237']i never said i liked Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann. :blink:

and if you have a problem, take it up with my boss.[/quote]I didn't say you did? No problems. But I was being sarcastic... I think phatmass moderation is generally benevolent, generous, patient, and tolerant. But I know someone who doesn't think that... guesses?[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308173742' post='2254237']and i would just add (to be contrary), Sarah Palin displays no less idiocy than Barack Obama.[/quote]Respectfully disagreed... not as a matter of politics, philosophy, gender, race, or anything else. I simply disagree. But to the defense of politicians, intelligence is not apart of their job description.

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1308173839' post='2254240']
I didn't say you did? No problems. But I was being sarcastic... I think phatmass moderation is generally benevolent, generous, patient, and tolerant. But I know someone who doesn't think that... guesses?
[/quote]
sorry, lately around here, I'm having a hard time telling sarcasm from not sarcasm. perhaps dUSt should install a rating for each post so that the poster can say 5 stars for complete sarcasm, 1 star for no sarcasm.

this post is rated 1 for no sarcasm.

Edited by Lil Red

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308173922' post='2254242']sorry, lately around here, I'm having a hard time telling sarcasm from not sarcasm. perhaps dUSt should install a rating for each post so that the poster can say 5 stars for complete sarcasm, 1 star for no sarcasm.

this post is rated 1 for no sarcasm.[/quote]No sarcasm. You would be correct. It's okay. It's the internet, the super-majority of communication is clarifying what was said in the first place, the Internet doesn't make that easier. Neither do people who enter with presumptions and harsh mentalities.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308173742' post='2254237']
one, it disturbs me to know that you can gain the knowledge of finding out if he's a drooler.

two, i know he's not an idiot, drooling or otherwise. ;)

i never said i liked Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann. :blink:

and if you have a problem, take it up with my boss.

and i would just add (to be contrary), Sarah Palin displays no less idiocy than Barack Obama.
[/quote]

I think she's MORE of an idiot. I believe Obama to be an intelligent man who happens to be bereft of anything resembling leadership. It's one thing to know how to solve an equation; it's a whole other thing to be able to get an entire group of people to understand how to solve the same equation. On the other hand, Sarah Palin would look at that same equation, shrug her shoulders and, with that smug look on her face, declare it to be a liberal-construct and expecting her to solve it on command is another "gotcha" question posed by the "lamestream media." She's a broken record, featuring the same trite, vacuous music dolled up in a vaguely appealing package.

I'd say it's nothing personal, but it is. I find her [i]personally[/i] loathsome!

KnightofChrist

Sarah Palin's real problem is that she is a woman that doesn't want to be in the Democrat Party or in the kitchen.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1308174161' post='2254244']
I think she's MORE of an idiot. I believe Obama to be an intelligent man who happens to be bereft of anything resembling leadership. It's one thing to know how to solve an equation; it's a whole other thing to be able to get an entire group of people to understand how to solve the same equation. On the other hand, Sarah Palin would look at that same equation, shrug her shoulders and, with that smug look on her face, declare it to be a liberal-construct and expecting her to solve it on command is another "gotcha" question posed by the "lamestream media." [b]She's a broken record, featuring the same trite, vacuous music dolled up in a vaguely appealing package.[/b]

I'd say it's nothing personal, but it is. I find her [i]personally[/i] loathsome!
[/quote]
well, i'd say he's already proven to be not very good at economics, but that's just me. ;) and the bolded part, for myself, could be said about Obama. Or Romney. Or any other number of politicians.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1308174187' post='2254245']
Sarah Palin's real problem is that she is a woman that doesn't want to be in the Democrat Party or in the kitchen.
[/quote]
lulz...

this post is rated 3 out of 5 sarcasm stars. :hehe:

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1308174161' post='2254244']I believe Obama to be an intelligent man who happens to be bereft of anything resembling leadership.[/quote]I strongly and respectfully agree with this. President Obama seems to be a legislative organizer... If the office of the vice president made more sense, I think he would be more effective presiding over the Senate for his purposes.[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308174314' post='2254247']lulz...

this post is rated 3 out of 5 sarcasm stars. :hehe:[/quote]Honestly his comment just frightened me. KofC, no offense, but if you were on StarTrek I would see you as Worf. So I have a terrible time identifying you're sense of humor.

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1308174187' post='2254245']
[/quote]

???

So, finding her to be a repugnant caricature means I'm a sexist? By that logic, your disdain for Obama means your a racist. Is that a pope in your avatar or a member of the KKK?

Is it here that I should mention that I lump her in with Nancy Pelosi, Glenn Beck, Rachel Maddow, Kieth Olbermann and Michelle Bachmann as the most detestable figures in all of politics? It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with their political views--I find them to be grating, obnoxious, pandering fools.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1308174314' post='2254247']
well, i'd say he's already proven to be not very good at economics, but that's just me. ;) and the bolded part, for myself, could be said about Obama. Or Romney. Or any other number of politicians.

lulz...
[/quote]

Well played. I second your lulz.

Edited by kujo

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1308174565' post='2254250']
???

So, finding her to be a repugnant caricature means I'm a sexist?

Is it here that I should mention that I lump her in with Nancy Pelosi, Glenn Beck, Rachel Maddow, Kieth Olbermann and Michelle Bachmann as the most detestable figures in all of politics? It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with their political views--I find them to be grating, obnoxious, pandering fools.
[/quote]

Maybe you aren't. I just think that's the media's problem with her, they don't like women who are conservative, only women who are in the Party are smart. It's just funny how all Republican women are portrayed as idiots and people just buy right into those talking points. And being a Christian just wouldn't call any of those people idiots or grating, obnoxious, pandering fools. In fact I find all of them to have average to higher intelligence than most. Pelosi for example I think her support of murdering the unborn is wicked, but I don't by any means think she is an idiot. She is cunning if anything. It is simply unwise, having never met a person in real life, to underestimate a person's intelligence based on portrait painted by the media.

Edited by KnightofChrist