An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Two Creation Stories And Dinosaurs

tinytherese

Guest filia_dei

I read a book in high school called The World that Perished. If I recall correctly, it suggested the possibility that the world was already "old" when God created it. Just as Adam was an adult when he was created, the world may have been created with fossils already in existence. I don't have a firm stance on the subject myself, but I always found this an intriguing theory.

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1308080398' post='2253725']I remember that in Catholic grade school this topic wasnever discussed, and I had just assumed (from what I had seen in the media) that one must either be a Creationist or a Darwinist...very black and white... they in freshman high school biology (also Catholic) we were covering DNA and evolution and such and this question came up... the teacher explained that one could accept both... this was startling to me at the time! (of course now it seems like common sense)...[/quote]Technically, even if there was an instantaneous creation by a god, that wouldn't disprove the scientific theory of evolution. Because the biological processes and observations would be the same. The question of where life came from is not explained by the scientific theory of evolution, but by abiogenesis...

[center][img]http://evolutionoftruth.com/images/evolution.gif[/img][/center]

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat