An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medical Marijuana In Montana

Era Might

I believe there are valid reasons to outlaw alcohol. It would be to my disliking, but I would not resist or complain. I'd move on. Alcohol is not a necessity for life.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1311407113' post='2274266']
well, would you want to outlaw alcohol?

seriously, all your arguments lead that way, yet you seem to resist the idea.
[/quote]

He said he's support a ban if there was a good reason for it, though he failed to provide an example of such a reason.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1311434040' post='2274309']
He said he's support a ban if there was a good reason for it, though he failed to provide an example of such a reason.
[/quote]
Re-read this thread. Several people listed the reasons.

Also, I am not advocating outlawing. I was answering a direct question, which did not include a proof why it should be outlawed. Why you being so hostile?

Edited by Papist

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1311435172' post='2274314']
Re-read this thread. Several people listed the reasons.

Also, I am not advocating outlawing. I was answering a direct question, which did not include a proof why it should be outlawed. Why you being so hostile?
[/quote]

I'm not, not at all. I happen to think you're pretty cool, even if I don't agree with your use of analogies.

No beef here, dude.

you seem to be rather politically conservative, why would you bend so easily to the federal government imposing a largescale ban on something like beer?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1311436804' post='2274321']
you seem to be rather politically conservative, why would you bend so easily to the federal government imposing a largescale ban on something like beer?
[/quote]

The argument, I believe, resides somewhere in the "necessary and proper" clause. But, remember--the Constitution had to be [i]amended[/i] in order to grant the federal government the power to outlaw alcohol. Then it had to be [i]re-amended[/i] in order to remove that power from them. I don't see why the same doesn't apply to marijuana.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1311436710' post='2274319']
I'm not, not at all. I happen to think you're pretty cool, even if I don't agree with your use of analogies.

No beef here, dude.
[/quote]
Good. I am glad.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1311436804' post='2274321']
[/quote]
I don't have any allegiance to any political party. I go by faith and reason. I don't see it as imposing if there is sound reason ti do so. However, putting the pros and cons on paper is different than knowing/predicting reality and the long term impact.