An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns Blogs

EWIE

MargaretTeresa

I have to laugh at how many of the blogs are Benedictines, Dominicans or Paulines. :hehe:

faithcecelia

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307233892' post='2250040']
I have to laugh at how many of the blogs are Benedictines, Dominicans or Paulines. :hehe:
[/quote]

I was pleased to see there weren't any Carmelites, I could never reconcile using the internet that much - in the time I was in I sent 1 email - to send my parents my Clothing photos.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307234197' post='2250043']
I was pleased to see there weren't any Carmelites, I could never reconcile using the internet that much - in the time I was in I sent 1 email - to send my parents my Clothing photos.
[/quote]

awwwww.... I really could do without internet. But I have to use it for school and work, which really stinks. I'm about to the point where I want to delete my Facebook page.

faithcecelia

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307234882' post='2250045']
awwwww.... I really could do without internet. But I have to use it for school and work, which really stinks. I'm about to the point where I want to delete my Facebook page.
[/quote]

Oh don't get me wrong, I use it now! And when I was first out I was so glad I had not closed my Facebook account, it made the 'announcement' that tiny bit less painful, i also emailed my parents to let them know I was out, admittedly a good few days later.

Sorry if my last post was abrupt, Im feeling low tonight :blush:

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307234882' post='2250045']
[/quote]

Sigh... I need to get out of the internet habit.

I think the nuns blogging is a really good thing. It helps to dispel the myths of what being a nun is. If the Summit Dominicans didn't have a blog I would never have contacted them because of my incorrect ideas about being a nun. I think a window into that life is good and can help attract more people.

On a side note... I might be going to visit the Summit Dominicans this summer!!!! And Sr. Mary Catherine, the novice mistress, rocks my socks.

[quote name='EWIE' timestamp='1307227602' post='2250006']
[size="5"][/size][url="http://anunslife.org/resources/blogs-by-catholic-nuns/"]http://anunslife.org...-catholic-nuns/[/url]
[/quote]

I attend their radio podcasts at times. The Friday night one is "Ask Sister" and you can ask anything about religious life and the two Sisters respond as well as those of us in the "lobby" for lackof a better word. It is all on the Internet.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1307236583' post='2250051']
Sigh... I need to get out of the internet habit.
[/quote]

Me too...but I need it for work and school, so I can't.