An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Free Masons

BigJon16

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1308340916' post='2255221']
Apparently I'm getting a "blah blah Masonic Scholarship" from school..... lulz.
[/quote]
If they'd offered one to me I'd have turned it down. Ideally in person, just to see the look on their faces.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308342665' post='2255253']
If they'd offered one to me I'd have turned it down. Ideally in person, just to see the look on their faces.
[/quote]

That's TERRIBLE (cue Randall)....

You should love your Fellows man. In a Goode way. That's what it says in the coptic Secret book of James.

I'm just sayin'.

Oh, I love you.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1308343044' post='2255266']
That's TERRIBLE (cue Randall)....

You should love your Fellows man. In a Goode way. That's what it says in the coptic Secret book of James.

I'm just sayin'.

Oh, I love you.
[/quote]
What if my Fellow man is a little Odd? :|

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308343369' post='2255276']
What if my Fellow man is a little Odd? :|
[/quote]

How is it Odd to look toward a Saint....especially one so close to Mary's heart.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1308343469' post='2255280']
How is it Odd to look toward a Saint....especially one so close to Mary's heart.
[/quote]
Are we still talking about the Apocryphon of James? :P I'm so confused.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308343550' post='2255282']
Are we still talking about the Apocryphon of James? :P I'm so confused.
[/quote]

I think that the Apocryphon of jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) is not what we're talking about...but jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) might be...

The answer is there..

I love riddles.

And.....................

wait for it.........................

I love you.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308343805' post='2255287']
You're a very Odd Fellow. :|
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyByV-QcD6o[/media]

AudreyGrace

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1308342665' post='2255253']
[/quote]

Well, it's from the city, not my college. I has no moneys, so if an organization that highly dislikes my religion wants to give me some moneys so I can learn how to teach that religion, then hollaz!

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1308462055' post='2255871']
Well, it's from the city, not my college. I has no moneys, so if an organization that highly dislikes my religion wants to give me some moneys so I can learn how to teach that religion, then hollaz!
[/quote]

What if Planned Parenthood gave you the scholarship? Would you say the same thing?

The Freemasons are worse in this instance, because an excommunication comes with being a member. Yet, you're willing to take money from them. I think that you really need to re-evalutate this situation.

Had I been in your shoes, I would have said no thank you. I appreciate the offer, but I cannot accept this offer, based upon my religious beliefs.

How is it 'from the city'? If there's a few degrees of separation, and money isn't really from the Masons, then I don't see a problem.

As for PP, are you saying you wouldn't be tempted to take their money, knowing it would [i]not[/i] be used for nefarious purposes now?

Edited by MithLuin

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1308501675' post='2255958']
How is it 'from the city'? If there's a few degrees of separation, and money isn't really from the Masons, then I don't see a problem.

As for PP, are you saying you wouldn't be tempted to take their money, knowing it would [i]not[/i] be used for nefarious purposes now?
[/quote]
That is an interesting perspective on it, but we should also consider scandal. Scholarships are generally announced in sort sort of official way, so what if, for instance, a devout Catholic is seen accepting a scholarship from Planned Parenthood? What does that tell those Catholics who are weak in their faith?

To be clear, I'm not criticizing you, Audrey. It's not my place to presume to do so. :)

To Jesus Through Mary

[/quote]

May not be going [i]to[/i] anything nefarious, but it came [i]from[/i] these demonic acts. I could never (would not even be tempted) to take money earned from such an evil institution.

[/quote]

First, I don't believe that Planned Parenthood separates their money. So, I that any money that goes in assists in abortions and any money that comes out, is from abortions. They've been exposed in this and no amount of "reconciliation" can make up for that, except to close their doors.

In the same way, if the money passes through the Freemasons hands, it is a fair assumption that the monies are given with and through support of the Masonic lodge. I'm going to tell another Catholic to support that.

As for criticism, yes, mine is a criticism, but it is constructive criticism coming from one Catholic to another. We have to support each other in this...Freemasonry cannot be condoned or accepted under any circumstance. They are evil.

AudreyGrace

Here are my thoughts:
I had to have been nominated for this scholarship by my guidance counselors. (That's how the local scholarships work unless you apply directly). In order to award me the scholarship, the organization would have had to see my resume that I supplied my counselor with for giving to scholarship foundations, which is practically chock full of Catholic activities. It's the bulk of my volunteer work the past 4 years. Also, they need to know the college I'm attending and what I'll be majoring in. I'm attending a very Catholic university, and one of my majors is Catechetics. The scholarship organization has to know these things before they consider me to be a recipient.
That being said, I'm going to look into the organization further to see what it's all about, if it's truly Mason, and if after receiving the money I am obliged to participate in any type of activity or be recognized by their community. That would give me some second thoughts regarding accepting the scholarship, seeing as it would directly conflict with my faith.
Over all, what I'm trying to get at is that given my community service, academic, and future academic record, they had to have known I was Catholic. Why would they give me the scholarship?