An Old School Catholic Message Board

Today Is My Third Visit To The Lafayette Carmel

the171

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1306618135' post='2247147']
My cousin told me earlier this week that she had got crawfish the other day and that because the water was so high, "they were monstrous! I've never seen crawfish that big." I was jealous; crawfish is my favorite food!
[/quote]

Ugh! I can't eat crawfish. My uncle used to do big barbecues and would boil crawfish and then serve them with ribs and corn. I couldn't stand their eyes and the long feelers. I had a hard time eating shrimp, too.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1306622267' post='2247163']
Ugh! I can't eat crawfish. My uncle used to do big barbecues and would boil crawfish and then serve them with ribs and corn. I couldn't stand their eyes and the long feelers. I had a hard time eating shrimp, too.
[/quote]

171 ( intriguing moniker...)

How early can you enter? Do you need a HS diploma? (Are you home schooled?--they often graduate earlier).

My understanding is that canon law requires that one must be 17 to enter religious life--anybody know?

faithcecelia

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1306626115' post='2247176']
171 ( intriguing moniker...)

How early can you enter? Do you need a HS diploma? (Are you home schooled?--they often graduate earlier).

My understanding is that canon law requires that one must be 17 to enter religious life--anybody know?
[/quote]

i do not know for certain what canon law says but I suspect you are right. The Carmelite constitutions (both forms) specify no younger than 17, having completed the required years of education for the country. Solemn profession cannot be before 23, so in theory, depending on whether that particular community has a 1 or 2 year noviciate before simple vows, there could be a delay while waiting to hit 23. I am not sure if there would be any way to potentially have a pre-postulancy and officially enter at 17, probably not now, but St Therese had both a long postulancy and noviciate for her time, due to being so painfully young when she entered. Her hair was left long for the same reason, odd though that sounds.

Oui. I'll have to wait till I graduate. I have 2 years till I graduate. Sadly! Haha :) but patienc is a virtue.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1306628331' post='2247180']
Oui. I'll have to wait till I graduate. I have 2 years till I graduate. Sadly! Haha :) but patienc is a virtue.
[/quote]

So wait- will you be 16 or 17 when you graduate? You're graduating a little younger than most, am I correct?