An Old School Catholic Message Board

Female Altar Severs In Choir Dress...

Cam42

Female Serves in Choir dress  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote]Following this quote in the German interview, Cardinal Castrillón emphasized again what he said in the March 17 interview, his fearing the possibility of schism and heresy, quoting St. Jerome. However, the fact remains that the lay faithful who attend SSPX masses to fulfill their Sunday obligation are not sinning nor incurring any canonical penalty by doing so.[/quote]
[url="http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mershon/070410"]source[/url]

If I assist at an SSSSPX Mass out of devotion to the traditional Mass, which I do, and I don't question the validity of the Novus Ordo, which I don't, then I am perfectly within my rights to assist there...that is from the PCED, directly. There is nothing which forbids or causes me dilect or sinfulness for assisting there.

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306472831' post='2246608']

If I assist at an SSSSPX Mass out of devotion to the traditional Mass, which I do, and I don't question the validity of the Novus Ordo, which I don't, then I am perfectly within my rights to assist there...that is from the PCED, directly. There is nothing which forbids or causes me dilect or sinfulness for assisting there.
[/quote]

*edit: meh none of my business

Edited by Amppax

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306468087' post='2246515']
Can a mod fix the header so that it doesn't say "Female Altar SEVERS...?

Its a little creepy
[/quote]
i thought about it, but it makes me laugh. yes, i'm really a 12-year old boy. :|

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306472831' post='2246608']

[/quote]
From the PCED:

[i]"While it is true that participation in the Mass at chapels of the Society of St. Pius X does not of itself constitute "formal adherence to the schism" (cf. Ecclesia Dei 5, c), such adherence can come about over a period of time as one slowly imbibes a schismatic mentality which separates itself from the teaching of the Supreme Pontiff and the entire Catholic Church. [color="#FF0000"][b]While we hope and pray for a reconciliation with the Society of St. Pius X, the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei" cannot recommend that members of the faithful frequent their chapels for the reasons which we have outlined above.[/b][/color] We deeply regret this situation and pray that soon a reconciliation of the Society of St. Pius X with the Church may come about, but until such time the explanations which we have given remain in force."[/i]

This thread has run it's course.

:closed: