An Old School Catholic Message Board

Female Altar Severs In Choir Dress...

Cam42

Female Serves in Choir dress  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1306463590' post='2246473']
You just gave two reasons why your tag was removed. Neither is correct. You can have your tag back if you want. Just come back to the Church.
[/quote]

I want my tag back...

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1306465107' post='2246488']
You have lulls in your reading?
[/quote]

Jes, jew know hai dew....hai needz teh lulz tooooo hre-charge me batt-ries...da Simarillion does tat for meh...

OK. I don't feel like debating anymore because it is all rather silly since neither of us are understanding each other's stances on the matter. Arguing about it seems rather futile.

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306461097' post='2246450']
Ummm...jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)...look at what you are saying....[b]YOU[/b], yes [b]YOU[/b] are the one who ministered, not the Eucharist. [b]YOU[/b] used it as a tool. [b]YOU[/b] might minister, but "miinstry" doesn't occur, because the Blessed Sacrament in present, "ministry" occurs because someone is there to minister to another. Devotion occurs because one is there to have the devotion. But the Blessed Sacrament doesn't minister to said person...

[/quote]

Nope

You are wronger wrong wrong camster. You are stating, in the matter of the Eucharist, that Christ cannot minister to those in need.

You don't want to go down that road.
[quote]
As for my tag...it isn't up to you to determine why my "tag" was taken away. My tag was taken away because I embraced Tradition. That was already established. I've been "lecturing" since the day I got here, as have you...I am just not "lecturing" in the way dUSt wants me too...so I am phishy. And that is disingenuous.[/quote]

I didn't take your tag away. But i know why it was taken away. You can ask dUSt and any mod that I spoke with. I DEFENDED what you said to be true. I told them that what you were saying was not out of step with what the Church teaches. But you were asked point blank by several people to explain it in a way that they could understand that you weren't putting down the Novus Ordo and you refused to do so. You could have. I've seen you do it more times than I can count! You chose not to defend your position in a way that the average phatmasser could understand and you lost your tag.

[quote]
As for hyperbole v. allegory, it was both. The hyperbole aspect was meant to be humorous, but the allegory was aboslutely warranted. Surely you can understand that.[/quote]

When you actually use a metaphor, you can call it an allegory. There is no metaphor in[b] If we continue to emasculate the Liturgy and undermine vocations in this manner, then there won't be any priests left to confect the Blessed Sacrament. [/b]So its not both. Its hyperbole plain and simple.

[quote]

You cannot say the Mass can be imperfect. That is a clear misstep and one that cost me my tag. It is the same as saying it is deficient. dUSt, I expect fair treatment.
[/quote]

The mass [b]CAN BE [/b]imperfect

The Novus Ordo [b]IS[/b] deficient

Someone needs a refresher course in logic and English

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1306467390' post='2246505']
OK. I don't feel like debating anymore because it is all rather silly since neither of us are understanding each other's stances on the matter. Arguing about it seems rather futile.
[/quote]

I understand your stance perfectly...I always have...hmmm....

Before you go home, could you please take the phishy tag off and put my church scholar tag back? I want it. And you said I could have it back if I wanted it. Thanks bunches...oh, and while you're at it, can I have all the other privileges any other good Catholic would have too? I think that discrimination is bad, Catholics shouldn't discriminate against other Catholics. Thanks bunches again...

Good night dUSt...nice talking to you today...

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306467502' post='2246506']
Nope

You are wronger wrong wrong camster. You are stating, in the matter of the Eucharist, that Christ cannot minister to those in need.

You don't want to go down that road.

I didn't take your tag away. But i know why it was taken away. You can ask dUSt and any mod that I spoke with. I DEFENDED what you said to be true. I told them that what you were saying was not out of step with what the Church teaches. But you were asked point blank by several people to explain it in a way that they could understand that you weren't putting down the Novus Ordo and you refused to do so. You could have. I've seen you do it more times than I can count! You chose not to defend your position in a way that the average phatmasser could understand and you lost your tag.

When you actually use a metaphor, you can call it an allegory. There is no metaphor in[b] If we continue to emasculate the Liturgy and undermine vocations in this manner, then there won't be any priests left to confect the Blessed Sacrament. [/b]So its not both. Its hyperbole plain and simple.

The mass [b]CAN BE [/b]imperfect

The Novus Ordo [b]IS[/b] deficient

Someone needs a refresher course in logic and English
[/quote]

dUSt said I could have my tag back. He did....so I want my tag back. I didn't say anything bad. Everything I said was true. Also, if my tag was taken away because I wasn't clear enough, THAT was not communicated to me. I was told my tag was taken away because I was not Catholic and that I needed to "come back to the Church." That was said again today. I never left.

As for the rest...whatever...you're playing our game with me...I'm not going to play it with you, because all it does is eat dUSt's bandwith...if you want to discuss it, asnwer the phone when I call. I've tried several hundred times and you won't do it...so if we're gonna get back on the same page, we need to talk that through.

Thanks for defending me though, I appreciate that. It's good to know that you've still got my back, even though we don't talk anymore, which makes me sad, btw...

As for defending my Catholicity, I shouldn't have to defend being Catholic to other Catholics, now should I? I should simply be accepted for being Catholic.

An FYI...you shouldn't say the Novus Ordo is deficient...you'll lose your tag for that...I don't want to see that happen to you too. I would edit your post to reflect that...just lookin' out bro.

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306467828' post='2246514']
Before you go home, could you please take the phishy tag off and put my church scholar tag back? I want it. And you said I could have it back if I wanted it.
[/quote]
Sure, just come back to church.

The SSPX has no canonical status in the Church and its ministers cannot legitimately exercise any ministry.

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306468087' post='2246515']
Can a mod fix the header so that it doesn't say "Female Altar SEVERS...?

Its a little creepy
[/quote]
No, it would be creepy if it said, "Female severs choir in altar dress".

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1306468306' post='2246519']
Sure, just come back to church.

The SSPX has no canonical status in the Church and its ministers cannot legitimately exercise any ministry.
[/quote]

I'm not part of the SSPX. I'm not a priest, the SSPX is a priestly fraternity.

The Church has said I can fulfill my Sunday obligation at an SSPX chapel, so I do. I don't do it out of spite or out of anything other than a love for Holy Mother Church. So, I am doing nothing wrong...

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306468298' post='2246518']
dUSt said I could have my tag back. He did....so I want my tag back. I didn't say anything bad. Everything I said was true. Also, if my tag was taken away because I wasn't clear enough, THAT was not communicated to me. I was told my tag was taken away because I was not Catholic and that I needed to "come back to the Church." That was said again today. I never left.

As for the rest...whatever...you're playing our game with me...I'm not going to play it with you, because all it does is eat dUSt's bandwith...if you want to discuss it, asnwer the phone when I call. I've tried several hundred times and you won't do it...so if we're gonna get back on the same page, we need to talk that through.

Thanks for defending me though, I appreciate that. It's good to know that you've still got my back, even though we don't talk anymore, which makes me sad, btw...

As for defending my Catholicity, I shouldn't have to defend being Catholic to other Catholics, now should I? I should simply be accepted for being Catholic.

An FYI...you shouldn't say the Novus Ordo is deficient...you'll lose your tag for that...I don't want to see that happen to you too. I would edit your post to reflect that...just lookin' out bro.
[/quote]

For the record I'm not playing our game with you.

[list][*]I do believe that Christ can minister through Eucharistic Adoration. I've experienced it and I've been a witness to it.[*]You weren't making an allegory[*]I do have your back[/list]And watch as I demonstrate that..

*ahem*

Attention all phatmassers!

[size="3"][b]The Novus Ordo is deficient. The Mass in the Ordinary form is deficient. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong!!! [/b]

[/size]
Oh and BTW the Extraordinary form of the mass is deficient too. Yes indeed the Latin Mass is indeed deficient too! All masses offered on earth today are deficient. Anyone who tells you otherwise is pullin your leg

The only mass that won't be deficient is the mass we celebrate all together in heaven.

See Camster THAT'S how you explain your point!

On a side note, I (as well as others that you know IRL) are concerned about serving at SSPX. dUSt ain't the only one. Now I know you've said that Pope Benedict has stated that its perfectly fine for Catholics to serve at SSPX masses. And because you've said it, I have no doubt that its true. However I've looked all over for a citation of where he's said that so that I could defend you and I cannot for the life of me find it. I've found plenty of quotes from others that serve at SSPX masses but no citations of where the Holy Father has stated it.

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1306469271' post='2246530']
I'm not part of the SSPX. I'm not a priest, the SSPX is a priestly fraternity.[/quote]
I understand that you are not SSPX. I only intended to address the fact that you attend an SSPX mass. Please forgive me if I misrepresented you. It was not my intent.

[quote]The Church has said I can fulfill my Sunday obligation at an SSPX chapel, so I do. I don't do it out of spite or out of anything other than a love for Holy Mother Church. So, I am doing nothing wrong...[/quote]
Well, as long as you continue to do so, and as long as the SSPX has no canonical status in the Church, and its ministers cannot legitimately exercise any ministry, I don't feel comfortable removing the phishy tag. Sorry. I'll plead ignorance on this one. As a regular ol' dumb Catholic, I'm following the will of the church the best I can according to my own formed conscience--imperfect as that may be.

[quote name='jaime (the artist formerly known as hot stuff) (the artist formerly known as hot stuff)' timestamp='1306470114' post='2246538']
[size="3"][b]The Novus Ordo is deficient. The Mass in the Ordinary form is deficient. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong!!! [/b]
[/size]
Oh and BTW the Extraordinary form of the mass is deficient too. Yes indeed the Latin Mass is indeed deficient too! All masses offered on earth today are deficient. Anyone who tells you otherwise is pullin your leg
The only mass that won't be deficient is the mass we celebrate all together in heaven.
[/quote]
Woa. That makes total sense. The Novus Ordo [b]is[/b] deficient. Never thought of it like that.