An Old School Catholic Message Board

Books

LaPetiteSoeur

OnlySunshine

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1306976686' post='2248996']
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Therese-Genevieve-Holy-Face/dp/0895555980/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306976621&sr=8-1"]My Sister St. Therese[/url] by Celine Martin - I recommend it for EVERYONE I know who is discerning; it gives you a realistic look into what you can expect of the day-to-day life of a religious - the daily struggle, differences in temperaments with the other Sisters, etc. -- and how a SAINT would react to them and deal with them charitably.

Seriously - a lot of people look at religious life through rose-colored glasses, and this helps one to realize just how much of a struggle it can be! (And, conversely, how BEAUTIFUL and SANCTIFYING!)

I also think there are a couple old book threads in VS that list some really great reads, too! :)
[/quote]

I would really love to read this book. I almost bought it from a Catholic bookstore online when I read the description but I decided to wait and save my money. I have a lot of respect for Sr. Genevieve (aka Celine) as she delayed her vocation so Therese could answer hers. What a selfless act. :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1306849866' post='2248133']
Thanks for more suggestions! I may make another order soon.

Also, do any of you know of any Dominican writings that aren't [i]Summa Theologica[/i]? I'm still a Dominican at heart, so I thought I'd read up on the OPs!

:nunpray:
[/quote]

This isn't nearly as deep as [i]Summa[/i], but I just started [i]The New Wine of Dominican Spirituality: A Drink Called Happiness[/i] by Paul Murray OP. It's gooooood.