An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marvelous Clip Of Ocd Nun In Heels...!

Yaatee

...the blood sister of the one taking the video...looks as if she was allowed a home visit during the transfer, trying out her sister's shoes. Notice the beautiful wooden rosary with the plain wooden cross, a hallmark of the Carmelites.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhidbeyhouse#p/u/6/ALtzd3pyN0U"]http://www.youtube.c...u/6/ALtzd3pyN0U[/url]

Edited by Yaatee

faithcecelia

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1305848308' post='2243709']
...the blood sister of the one taking the video...looks as if she was allowed a home visit during the transfer, trying out her sister's shoes. Notice the beautiful wooden rosary with the plain wooden cross, a hallmark of the Carmelites.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhidbeyhouse#p/u/6/ALtzd3pyN0U"]http://www.youtube.c...u/6/ALtzd3pyN0U[/url]
[/quote]

Fantastic! At least they were brown :like: When I entered I took with me a pair of fuschia stilettos! I was told I could wear them on Christmas day :cheer:

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305849368' post='2243718']
Fantastic! At least they were brown :like: When I entered I took with me a pair of fuschia stilettos! I was told I could wear them on Christmas day :cheer:
[/quote]

She looks like an adorable nun!

HopefulBride

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305849368' post='2243718']
[/quote]

Oh wow. Fuschia stilettos!!!

Sister Marie

Cute... I think all my patent leather pumps were the hardest things for me to give up when I entered the convent. We all have attachments - mine were to clothes and shoes :)

faithcecelia

[quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1305949103' post='2244087']
Cute... I think all my patent leather pumps were the hardest things for me to give up when I entered the convent. We all have attachments - mine were to clothes and shoes :)
[/quote]

When I visited a Poor Clares convent some years ago I asked if I woukd have to cut my hair. They told me that they work more on a 'sacrifice' system there so it might be cutting hair or it could be something else. They said one girl had entered with absolutely beautiful clothes so as part of her Clothing ceremony she handed them in to go to charity. I thought that was a nice way to do it.

Oh, how cute! Either a home visit, or her family coming to visit her at a retreat center or something....

Sister Marie

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1305950383' post='2244091']
When I visited a Poor Clares convent some years ago I asked if I woukd have to cut my hair. They told me that they work more on a 'sacrifice' system there so it might be cutting hair or it could be something else. They said one girl had entered with absolutely beautiful clothes so as part of her Clothing ceremony she handed them in to go to charity. I thought that was a nice way to do it.
[/quote]

I think that is a great idea... I was thrilled to cut my hair when I entered the convent because I hated having to style it all the time, haha. It wasn't much of a sacrifice for me!

LaPetiteSoeur

I thought most orders had the sisters cut their hair when they recieved the habit. Do some orders let you keep your hair? I'd never heard of this before...

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1305991544' post='2244189']
Oh, how cute! Either a home visit, or her family coming to visit her at a retreat center or something....
[/quote]

Apparently it was a home visit on her way back to Belgium, her home (French in background), for a conference (?) or transfer. This was posted on FB by Susan DeVore, www.crazy4nuns.com, from YouTube.... I didn't get it at first, either.

faithcecelia

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1305997306' post='2244216']
I thought most orders had the sisters cut their hair when they recieved the habit. Do some orders let you keep your hair? I'd never heard of this before...
[/quote]

I kept my hair long (almost waist length) and just plaited it - as we didn't have tocques it actually kept the veil in place better than short hair and most sisters had a little ponytail. None of the communities I visited first time round insisted on cutting hair.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1306000241' post='2244230']
I kept my hair long (almost waist length) and just plaited it - as we didn't have tocques it actually kept the veil in place better than short hair and most sisters had a little ponytail. None of the communities I visited first time round insisted on cutting hair.

[/quote]

I like that non-insistence on cutting hair. Having longer hair does help keep it in place (Otherwise you get all those litlte frizzies!).

I personally don't like the cutting hair routine during the clothing. Many young women wear their hair short now. I suspect that in many cases the postulants are requested to [i]grow[/i] their hair so that it can be cut during their clothing!

faithcecelia

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1306005189' post='2244251']
I like that non-insistence on cutting hair. Having longer hair does help keep it in place (Otherwise you get all those litlte frizzies!).

I personally don't like the cutting hair routine during the clothing. Many young women wear their hair short now. I suspect that in many cases the postulants are requested to [i]grow[/i] their hair so that it can be cut during their clothing!
[/quote]

And keeping it long isn't actually that new either - Therese kept her hair long :like: