An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sincere Thanks

Catherine Therese

Catherine Therese

... to everyone who has included me in any of their prayers.

at about 1am this morning I found myself on the phone speaking with the vocations director. I've been accepted! And to find out on the late, the great Blessed JP2's birthday - what a treat! A tiny bit nervous now that its actually really happening, but mostly I'm finding myself in a state of... well, astonished joy really is the only way to describe it. I still can't believe that He has called ME to this life!

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

Had a marvellous day with family. Its rare that I get to see every member of my immediate family and BOTH my niece and my nephew all on the same day, now that people have started growing up, moving out and doing their own thing, but I saw ALL of them today and it was wonderful. I also got to participate in the offertory at Mass today, which given the news I had just received, took on a very personal meaning for me.

Thank you so much for your prayers. And know of my prayers for all of you!!

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/amen.gif[/img]

OnlySunshine

[size="7"]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

That is absolutely wonderful news!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And such a wonderful community to boot! :clapping:

CONGRATS!!!! :woot: :w00t:

Do let us know how preparations come along! Do you have a set entrance date yet?
Also, do you have your list of things to bring? If so, would you mind sharing what's on it- you don't have too, but it's fun for those of us still waiting to think about these things!

Santa Cruz

So happy for you and our Church! Thanks be to God! I will be praying for you especially as you prepare to enter.

MissScripture
:woot: :w00t: YOU'RE GOING TO BE MY SISTER-IN-LAW! :hehe: CONGRATULATIONS! Maybe I'll get to meet you next year, when I'm there on a visit day!

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1305730228' post='2243197']
Nashville Dominicans :)
[/quote]

WHEN YOU ENTER BECOME CLOSE WITH SRS. CASEY MARIE, RITA MARIE AND ANNA GRACE. You will not regret it. They are close friends of mine. :)

MissScripture

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1305767230' post='2243406']
WHEN YOU ENTER BECOME CLOSE WITH SRS. CASEY MARIE, RITA MARIE AND ANNA GRACE. You will not regret it. They are close friends of mine. :)
[/quote]
Sr. Anna Grace taught one of my sister's classes this year, I think. And she gave the postulants dance lessons! :clapping:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1305762426' post='2243367']
:woot: :w00t: YOU'RE GOING TO BE MY SISTER-IN-LAW! :hehe: CONGRATULATIONS! Maybe I'll get to meet you next year, when I'm there on a visit day!
[/quote]

Miss Scripture,

Do you know how many of the 27 postulants who entered in Aug 2010 are still remaining? I was curious how the two Dominican orders have compared. The DSMME's have had 4 leave. Must really be a tough situation making that decision.

Thanks in advance

Darlene

MissScripture

I believe that there are 22 there, currently, (so 5 discerned out) but they are having 2 postulants who previously left (from previous entrance classes) joining them this summer.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1305762426' post='2243367']
[/quote]

I like this analogy! :like: