An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Eye For An Eye?

ParadiseFound

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1305427936' post='2241639']
Eye for an eye is a limitation. Acid in his face seems to follow that limitation. I'd kill the son of a beesh because he's a danger to society. floopy him.
[/quote]

As her father I would, or atleast make him wish he was dead but who knows. If [H.H.] Pope John Paul II can forgive his would be assasin, maybe I could forgive someone throwing acid on a child of mine. I doubt it, but who knows.

xSilverPhinx

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1305430308' post='2241677']
As her father I would, or atleast make him wish he was dead but who knows. If [H.H.] Pope John Paul II can forgive his would be assasin, maybe I could forgive someone throwing acid on a child of mine. I doubt it, but who knows.
[/quote]

I don't know, when family is messed with, things get complicated.

Winchester

If it was my daughter, I'd make a cape out of his skin and a goblet out of his skull.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1305430534' post='2241693']
If it was my daughter, I'd make a cape out of his skin and a goblet out of his skull.
[/quote]

Ouch...

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1305421513' post='2241600']
Can someone explain how this is 'barbaric' but locking somebody in a small cage for 23 hours a day for years on end is enlightened and just?

Violence is inherent to the state system. People just prefer it be disguised rather than accept it as an essential part to the system they depend on. So people want to put criminals away and pretend that if they just lock them in a small cage with other violent men, out of sight out of mind, we are being enlightened and humane.
[/quote]

I completely, 100%, agree with you. Oh my thats twice in one week.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='xSilverPhinx' timestamp='1305423989' post='2241621']
For instance, trying to get someone to believe that they're going to hell for not accepting a particular doctrine can be psychological torture. There are some people who really develop phobias and post traumatic stress disorders as results of this.

[/quote]

But what if it keeps them from going to Hell?

[/quote]

I'd dance seductively for him, causing him to question his sexuality, and then call him a homo.

THAT'D SHOW HIM!

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305448328' post='2241782']
I completely, 100%, agree with you. Oh my thats twice in one week.
[/quote]

:amen:

Edited by Hasan

Don John of Austria

[/quote]

The cape is a little far. I mean where would you wear it? Humanskin capes just aren't in fashion anymore, those went out in 1523.

Now the goblet... good conversasion piece, and I am sure the bone inside the skullcase would ad a good flavor to wine.

ParadiseFound

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1305415286' post='2241564']
I don't see anything unjust about this. And I don't see how this is anything other than fair and reasonable. As Reza noted, he's really getting off easy. He's just being blinded. That's only part of what he did to her.

[/quote]
It may have sounded like it was criticising the verdict, but I wasn't. I was criticising sharia law itself.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='ParadiseFound' timestamp='1305452625' post='2241790']
It may have sounded like it was criticising the verdict, but I wasn't. I was criticising sharia law itself.
[/quote]

Ummm...what did you specifically critique about it? I must have missed that part...

Winchester

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305448790' post='2241785']
The cape is a little far. I mean where would you wear it? Humanskin capes just aren't in fashion anymore, those went out in 1523.

Now the goblet... good conversasion piece, and I am sure the bone inside the skullcase would ad a good flavor to wine.
[/quote]
I'd rock that cape.

xSilverPhinx

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305448580' post='2241783']
But what if it keeps them from going to Hell?
[/quote]

What if it doesn't? And for which religious branch do you consider that to be okay for? (you don't need to answer, I already know what you're going to say ;))

What I'm saying is the fire and brimstone talk of churches and religions can lead to psychological torture. Some just swipe it off their shoulder but for others it can lead to bad consequences. What right do people have to tell others that they're going to hell?

Sell all his worldly possessions, give the money to her, lock him up in prison for 10 years or so, he also needs to do 1,000 hours of community service helping burns victims, then for the rest of his life he has to give 60% of his earnings to her. If she dies before him then his earnings continue to go to her next of kin or to charity.

Sound like a better option than burning his eyes out?

Winchester

[quote name='xSilverPhinx' timestamp='1305485007' post='2241901']
What if it doesn't? And for which religious branch do you consider that to be okay for? (you don't need to answer, I already know what you're going to say ;))

What I'm saying is the fire and brimstone talk of churches and religions can lead to psychological torture. Some just swipe it off their shoulder but for others it can lead to bad consequences. What right do people have to tell others that they're going to hell?
[/quote]
According to Catholic theology, we cannot determine whether certain individuals will go to Hell, or not.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1305488623' post='2241914']
According to Catholic theology, we cannot determine whether certain individuals will go to Hell, or not.
[/quote]

No, but we are obliged to tell people that certian behaviors, actions and beliefs will lead on to Hell.

For example I do not know where Stalin ended up, becuase I am not God who makes such Judgements.

I am obliged to tell people that being a faithless mass murdering apostate will send you to Hell.

One is individual, one is general.