An Old School Catholic Message Board

All-male Priesthood

Lil Red

Nihil Obstat

You appear to be the best sort of atheist with whom to talk. I've had too much bad experience with the jerks, and I'm sure you know the type as well as I do.

thessalonian

I am aghast that men can't make babies. Oh wait I was in 4 of my wife's deliveries. That's okay.

And they wonder if God has roles for men and women? If he does why shouldn't we especially where the Church is concerned.

Ephrem Augustine

Women have a beautiful and wonderful purpose in God's providence that men will never be capable of measuring up to. When women really know that they don't worry about priesthood.

It should be noted how there is a rapid growing trend of women giving up careers they spent 6-8 college years to prepare, in favor of bearing and nurturing children. I think it should also be noted that the women who are entering convents usually spent 6-8 years in college before doing so.

I gave a presentation to the 7th grade, and I expected the question to come up.
One of the girls insisted that women should be priests, because they are good, and that all the boys do is lie, cheat, steal, are never faithful, considerate, or caring. In fact, when I suggested that women and men have significant and distinct contributions, I had several of the girls in the classroom start shouting and insulting the boys in the class with the arrogance and self-righteousness that I had only assumed belonged to a Pharisee.

I had been conditioned for my entire 27 year life to believe that there are no intrinsic differences between males and females, except the genitals. Consequently, I have found myself exhausted over and over again, by countless situations where I find myself surrounded by young women who are mad and frustrated for how senseless and evil men are. I have found myself around young guys feeling they are going insane because of women. Aside from all the puppy love sappy fantasizing that kids feel, I think young men and women both are unreasonably stressed out over this. I mean, to put it simply, when I came to see that there were physiological, biological, psychological, intellectual, and emotional differences between men and women I found immense peace. To top that off, women not only became easier to relate to, but they also became, quite simply, much more beautiful on every level.

But of course, we are not allowed to deviate from thinking that there are differences between the sexes that are not socially conditioned, I mean it would afterall invite the politically correct inquisition to bring down sweeping condemnation, excommunication... unless we should recant right? Intellectual freedom, is really the freedom to conform yourself to social political correct goodthink, or else.

Maybe I am off topic, but somehow I thought that the conversation often fails to address the quagmire of current attitudes on sexuality that have stained our sight from seeing the issue clearly.

Ephrem Augustine

I should have made it clear, that I meant to say, a consequence of understanding intrinsic dynamics of men and women helps unfold our comprehension of an all-male priesthood.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1305153010' post='2240243']
You appear to be the best sort of atheist with whom to talk. I've had too much bad experience with the jerks, and I'm sure you know the type as well as I do.
[/quote]
Thank you

Probably like you here on Phatmass, over at HAF we often find that the visitors to the forum who have a different world view come along with the intent to cause mayhem.
But there are a few that simply come along to understand us or themselves better or to discuss ideas with a different crowd or maybe practice their debating skills.