An Old School Catholic Message Board

Murder

dairygirl4u2c

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Groo the Wanderer

from the point of view of the murderer, i would have to say the ideal situation is to not get caught.

is that what you meant?

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1305031721' post='2239606']
from the point of view of the murderer, i would have to say the ideal situation is to not get caught.

is that what you meant?
[/quote]

... yes...

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Murder is something that is wrong everywhere (and that really isn't debatable) thus it would have to be something banned everywhere.

dairygirl4u2c

just seein if the abortion result would be different than the full fledged murder one
which as i wasn't surprised, is more 'let's ban federal' for murder but not as much for abortion

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

RezaMikhaeil

Well murder is really not debatable but what is is the punishments for such. This is where states rights comes in, as well as defining such as murder.

I'm confused dairygirl, what is the debate here? If it is whether murder is wrong and should be banned nationally, i don't think there is any disagreement. But is it a debate on which level of government should handle it? then that would be state. Could you clarify please?

Edited by Amppax

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1305073566' post='2239871']
I'm confused dairygirl, what is the debate here? If it is whether murder is wrong and should be banned nationally, i don't think there is any disagreement. But is it a debate on which level of government should handle it? then that would be state. Could you clarify please?
[/quote]

I will goone record saying I do ntothink Murder should be regulated in anyway by the Federal government.

Groo the Wanderer

agreed. if it were, they would start issuing licenses to collect more taxes...

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1305031721' post='2239606']

is that what you meant?
[/quote]

That's why I'm studying criminal justice

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305089578' post='2239975']
I will goone record saying I do ntothink Murder should be regulated in anyway by the Federal government.
[/quote]

Why? I'm afraid i just really don't understand your perspective, could you perhaps explain?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1305144707' post='2240179']
Why? I'm afraid i just really don't understand your perspective, could you perhaps explain?
[/quote]

THe federal government was not created to deal with the managment of the everyday lives of individual people. It has no role in creation of laws on marriage, sex, drinking, driving, sped limits, or even murder. It is there to allow our union to function with other nations, facilitate trade within the Union itself, and prevent conflicts between states from becoming wars between them.

That is all it should be doing.

Murder is illegal everywhere, but the Federal government is not a body equiped to make such laws. Nor should it be.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' timestamp='1305149752' post='2240222']
THe federal government was not created to deal with the managment of the everyday lives of individual people. It has no role in creation of laws on marriage, sex, drinking, driving, sped limits, or even murder. It is there to allow our union to function with other nations, facilitate trade within the Union itself, and prevent conflicts between states from becoming wars between them.

That is all it should be doing.

Murder is illegal everywhere, but the Federal government is not a body equiped to make such laws. Nor should it be.
[/quote]

For the most part i agree with you, but in the event that a state were to allow murder (whatever form) I do think that the federal government should then step in and ban murder.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1305151196' post='2240231']
For the most part i agree with you, but in the event that a state were to allow murder (whatever form) I do think that the federal government should then step in and ban murder.
[/quote]

I don't.

History has shown that the federal government is more likely to allow such things than the State. That said, I simplly do not believe the Federal Government has the authority to do so. However I wouldn't have a problem with them expelling the State from the Union, and then treating them as a hostile foriegn power.