Benedictus Posted July 19, 2013 Share Posted July 19, 2013 Conventual Franciscans! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mary+Immaculate<3 Posted September 24, 2013 Share Posted September 24, 2013 (edited) Knights of the Holy Eucharist Edited September 24, 2013 by Mary+Immaculate<3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mary+Immaculate<3 Posted September 24, 2013 Share Posted September 24, 2013 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AugustineA Posted September 24, 2013 Share Posted September 24, 2013 Little Friars of Jesus and Mary Digging these habits. They're like camo/warm. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Totally Franciscan Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 Wow! Notice these guys are in sandals and bare feet! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AugustineA Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 Wow! Notice these guys are in sandals and bare feet! Totally, but they have manly beards to counteract any toe-coldness. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fr. Antony Maria OSB Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 I meant to come back and correct this sometime, and I guess that time is now. The monk on the left could very well be from Mount Angel, I'm not sure. The last time I was there I saw someone dressed the same way, so maybe it's their novice habit or something? :idontknow: The one on the left is a Cistercian. Benedictines wear all black habits: both tunic and scapular. The only exception, to my knowledge, is if they're from Africa, in which case the habit is white (although they still have a black cincture). Cistericans have the white tunic with black scapular, though. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fr. Antony Maria OSB Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 I can't find very many pictures on their website, but here are the Benedictine monks at Mount Angel Abbey (in St. Benedict, OR): (I don't know where the one on the left in this picture is from, but he isn't from Mount Angel.) Post above in response to the bottom picture here (it didn't quote the picture in my last post :( ) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnneLine Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 Yup, my bet is OCSO (Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance / Trappist) from the Lafayette, Oregon Abbey near there... or a Cistercian (O.Cist.) from somewhere else.... :) Definitely a Cistercian flavored habit! :) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AugustineA Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 Cistercian habits look the sharpest. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnneLine Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 (edited) I DUNNO... they all look pretty handsome! Edited September 25, 2013 by AnneLine Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AccountDeleted Posted September 25, 2013 Share Posted September 25, 2013 I think any habits are gorgeous - male or female! :) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yinepu Sanctimonialis Posted December 13, 2015 Share Posted December 13, 2015 On 9/25/2013, 10:38:53, nunsense said: I think any habits are gorgeous - male or female! I think the same way you think. Thank you so much to shared this amazingly beautiful photo ! God Bless for it ! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...