An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters Of St. Paul

MargaretTeresa

MargaretTeresa

Is there anyone here besides me discerning and really interested (read obsessed) with the FSP? I wanna quit school and join up, but Sr. MM and krissylou say I shouldn't/can't... :cry4:

Pax and God bless.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304545501' post='2237093']
Is there anyone here besides me discerning and really interested (read obsessed) with the FSP? I wanna quit school and join up, but Sr. MM and krissylou say I shouldn't/can't... :cry4:

Pax and God bless.
[/quote]

What's wrong with quitting school to join? God calls when he calls.

Unless of course you're still in high school.

FutureSister2009

I used to want to join the Daughters of St. Paul and I think they're great still but I feel more obliged to join a Marian Order becaue of my Devotion to Our Lady. But I agree, I want to quit school. I'm in college though. I'm hoping I will be able to quit school to join.

MargaretTeresa

I'm in college. With one year left. And I'm studying journalism. Is it irony or fate that I found the FSP after I switched my major from pharmacy to journalism? As in, a year after. So yeah.
Plus I have to pay off loans anyway. :/

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304546867' post='2237134']
I'm in college. With one year left. And I'm studying journalism. Is it irony or fate that I found the FSP after I switched my major from pharmacy to journalism? As in, a year after. So yeah.
Plus I have to pay off loans anyway. :/
[/quote]

And another year adds to those loans, yes?

I'd try and do a cost analysis, if you can. Figure out what will be best money-wise... leaving now will mean less debt. Will another year of debt + a degree outweigh leaving with what you have now and no degree?

If you definitely feel the calling and know you're going to at least try it out... look at your options.

MargaretTeresa

I have to wait at least a year anyway since I just joined the church. :( :) And my parents don't know I'm discerning. And my mom's still not happy with my joining the Church...

And they're on EWTN now! Singing!!! :w00t:

OnlySunshine

I hear ya! I am ready to be done with my last math class so I can look into applying to a religious order. The trouble is, I haven't met the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word yet so I'm not sure if they are THE order. I have every indication from the Holy Spirit that I'm on the right path. :)

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1304547629' post='2237146']
I hear ya! I am ready to be done with my last math class so I can look into applying to a religious order. The trouble is, I haven't met the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word yet so I'm not sure if they are THE order. I have every indication from the Holy Spirit that I'm on the right path. :)
[/quote]

I hope to skype with Sr. MM soon. Question: is it ok to read the book she sent me on Eucharistic Adoration that has prayers in it while at Adoration?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304547971' post='2237150']
I hope to skype with Sr. MM soon. Question: is it ok to read the book she sent me on Eucharistic Adoration that has prayers in it while at Adoration?
[/quote]

Oh, yeah! I do spiritual reading in Adoration all the time. For me, I have ADD, so I have a difficult time concentrating on prayer when it's just myself, so I bring a good book with me to read. Plus, most Adoration chapels have a bookshelf of some sort (at least the Perpetual Adoration chapel here does). Whatever brings you closer to God that doesn't disturb others is fine. ;)

krissylou

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1304547074' post='2237139']
And another year adds to those loans, yes?

I'd try and do a cost analysis, if you can. Figure out what will be best money-wise... leaving now will mean less debt. Will another year of debt + a degree outweigh leaving with what you have now and no degree?

If you definitely feel the calling and know you're going to at least try it out... look at your options.
[/quote]

The fact that Krissy is telling her to finish school -- well listening to Krissy is ALWAYS a good idea. :P

But when the [i]Vocation Director[/i] is telling her to finish school first --> that probably means that quitting school to enter now is not the way to go.

:scholar: :nun:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1304556017' post='2237251']
The fact that Krissy is telling her to finish school -- well listening to Krissy is ALWAYS a good idea. :P

But when the [i]Vocation Director[/i] is telling her to finish school first --> that probably means that quitting school to enter now is not the way to go.

:scholar: :nun:
[/quote]

Haha, true fact.

I didn't realize that that was what the VD had said. Nor did I know she had just come into the Church and all that jazz. Changes things!

MargaretTeresa

Unfortunately. I hate school. Well, not hate. Just frustrated. And frustrated that our Modern Languages dept. doesn't offer italiano. grrrrrr!

And even though I only just joined the church, my beliefs have always been Catholic. I learned this during The Great Awakening of 2005-2006.

So yeah.

BUT hopefully I'll get to visit them in StL over the summer. And maybe Boston next Christmas. Maybe try to get some job interviews at the same time so once I graduate I could work in Boston and chill with the coolest sistahs in the spiritual hood.

Yeah. I'm a nerd.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304559266' post='2237297']
Unfortunately. I hate school. Well, not hate. Just frustrated. And frustrated that our Modern Languages dept. doesn't offer italiano. grrrrrr!

And even though I only just joined the church, my beliefs have always been Catholic. I learned this during The Great Awakening of 2005-2006.

So yeah.

BUT hopefully I'll get to visit them in StL over the summer. And maybe Boston next Christmas. Maybe try to get some job interviews at the same time so once I graduate I could work in Boston and chill with the coolest sistahs in the spiritual hood.

[b]Yeah. I'm a nerd[/b].
[/quote]

well yep ur right ur a nerd but we still love u anway :like:

MargaretTeresa

Hardy har har Lady limoncita. I have to email Sr MM today. Can't forget

Tally Marx

I was discerning with the Daughters of Saint Paul, and I liked them very much (ESPECIALLY their apostolate) but I just didn't feel that it was what God wanted for me.
Sooo.... Yeah, I suppose it is just you and Krissy!
As for school, I'd listen to Sister MM.