An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bin Laden's Death

dairygirl4u2c

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

Condoleezza Rice, Bush’s secretary of state, said in her own statement: “Nothing can bring back bin Laden’s innocent victims, but perhaps this can help salve the wounds of their loved ones.”

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

i guess this whole debate would boil down to the same ideas of hte death penalty debates, whether purely justice is a proper reason to use it, and not involving any real preventions of death, in using the death penalty.
i notice that most people who argued for the death penalty, even i create a thread and address the issues specifically, just point to past historical teachings of the CC, and talk about preventing deaths, and all kinds of side reasons.

dairygirl4u2c

"A crucial break appears to have come on May 2, 2005, when Pakistani special forces arrested a senior al-Qaeda operative known as Abu Faraj al-Libi, who had been designated bin Laden’s “official messenger” to others within the terrorist organization. Libi was later turned over to the CIA and held at a “black site” prison where he was subjected to the harsh methods that the Bush administration termed “enhanced interrogation techniques.”

and who says 'enhanced interrogation techniques' never solved anything?
assuming of course that the methods were the proximate cause of his spilling the beans.
i'd assume it was that, or at least being lavished and perhaps given some amnesty of some kind for the info. if he was as dedicated as folks say, i'd think he was the interrogation.

He is dead and realizes the truth of his actions. God is merciful and just. He is getting what he deserves...no more, no less. THE END!

MargaretTeresa

We can only hope that ObL repented in the end or is so out of his mind that it doesn't matter. While what he did is wrong, God is a loving and merciful entity. He shall judge as He sees fit.

Amen.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1304477168' post='2236699']
We can only hope that ObL repented in the end or is so out of his mind that it doesn't matter. While what he did is wrong, God is a loving and merciful entity. He shall judge as He sees fit.

Amen.
[/quote]

ditto

death cause for reflection, no rejoicing

those who spend all their time seeking violence and trying to kill others are destined to find the violence they seek and [i]die[/i] instead.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1304371514' post='2235956']
Condoleezza Rice, Bush’s secretary of state, said in her own statement: “Nothing can bring back bin Laden’s innocent victims, but perhaps this can help salve the wounds of their loved ones.”
[/quote]

So what are you asking? Is it okay to be relieved or even happy that he is dead? It is okay to be joyous in victory.

I will quote Blessed Urban II :

"O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ! With what reproaches will the Lord overwhelm us if you do not aid those who, with us, profess the Christian religion! Let those who have been accustomed unjustly to wage private warfare against the faithful now go against the infidels and [b]end with victory this war which should have been begun long ago[/b]."

There is a time to fight. We long for peace, but not any peace, [i]not mans peace [/i] which Christ came not to bring, But Christ Peace, the PAX CHRISTI! Sometimes one must fight, and it is not bad that one is joyous about ones victory. We should not be glad that he is dead, because he did not know Christ, and that, that is a tragic thing, but there is no shame in being joyous in victory over the enemies of Christ and Christ people.

ben Laden was not just an enemy of the United States , but had targeted The Vatican and the pope, being glad that he has been defeated is perfectly okay. We should be sorry that we failed in our missionary duty to bring him and his to Christ, but we should not beat ourselves up about being happy that he is gone.

dairygirl4u2c

i agree with the sentiment that we should kill him.

i also felt a lot of joy with his death. i'm not sure how much of that was proper, and how much not, though.
i mostly post just to be difficult, devil's advocate, or in this case maybe angel's advocate?

you said we shouldn't be glad, but should be joyful with his death.
“Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of each and every one of us before God and before man, and hopes and commits himself so that no event is an opportunity for further growth of hatred, but for peace." ~Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, S.J.

i'd say 'rejoice' is more like joy, and less like 'glad'.
but just splitting hairs, i got your point.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1304943569' post='2239010']
i agree with the sentiment that we should kill him.

i also felt a lot of joy with his death. i'm not sure how much of that was proper, and how much not, though.
i mostly post just to be difficult, devil's advocate, or in this case maybe angel's advocate?

you said we shouldn't be glad, but should be joyful with his death.
“Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of each and every one of us before God and before man, and hopes and commits himself so that no event is an opportunity for further growth of hatred, but for peace." ~Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, S.J.

i'd say 'rejoice' is more like joy, and less like 'glad'.
but just splitting hairs, i got your point.
[/quote]
well being joyous that we have one a victory over our enemies is differant than being joyous that he, as an individual is dead.

InPersonaChriste

It wont change anything,
They just killed him because Obama's bloody polls were going down. "oh look! Osama is dead! Go worship Obama for a task he watched!"

I am a huge conspirator on this story though.. I say they froze him years ago and waited for the proper moment when his body was needed.. yet they have no firm evidence to the public that he is actually dead other than like 9 people saying it... ahaha

Yes i know it was a huge deal (for the task force), and I am almost sorry for Osama.. What a man, just like i pitied Hitler. They remind me of Pilate and how he could not see the truth even though he was talking to it... What a dude.

Edited by InPersonaChriste