An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Much Do You Own In Way Of Clothing?

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1304043398' post='2234432']
I don't have much in the way of clothes, in fact, I could do with a whole wardrobe change since my weight has fluctuated quite a bit. [b] I still have scrubs from when I was working at the nursing home a year ago,[/b] which I don't need and I am thinking about getting rid of. But as far as the amount I have, I think it's pretty reasonable. I don't go splurging on shopping trips, even when I am working, so I'm not worried about it. ;)
[/quote]

:rotfl: I just remembered a show, I think it was Oprah, where they did a makeover on someone that got into wearing scrubs 24/7! Ha!

I try to have some of everything. I used to hang onto too much. I eventually wiped out my wardrobe and started over. I got just what I needed to wear somewhere, and then I got into wearing it all the time. Like, I picked up some nice simple long skirts, dresses, short/long sleeve blouses for visiting convents. Then I also picked up some modest, simple p.ants for when needed. Breathable t-shirts for when it's really hot out. A pair of simple, loose capri p.ants for when it's really hot. Some different types of coats for the differing weather. I have nun sandals and nun shoes for potentially entering someday (I was expecting to enter when I got them), and some beach/pool sandals, sneakers for outdoors work/exercise.

My current thinking is to just keep what I need and use. I do think I have a good amount of everything, maybe more than I should, but it does allow me to alternate each day so I don't wear the same thing often. Also, some of the extra clothing is needed for weight changes I've experienced, but for the most part I try to stick with a general "large" with a stretchy waist so I can wear it at various weights. I'm still working to take off the final weight, but boy, it's gotten hard since I've been on this diet a while and I think my body has adjusted to it. :/ But as far as sox and both undergarments, I keep a weeks worth.

I'm wondering though... How often do the SsEW do laundry? How often to change undergarments? How many sox and undergarments to have?

Edited by JoyfulLife

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1304114818' post='2234773']
:rotfl: I just remembered a show, I think it was Oprah, where they did a makeover on someone that got into wearing scrubs 24/7! Ha!
[/quote]

I wouldn't be able to wear scrubs 24/7. They aren't [i]that[/i] comfortable, to begin with. I did manage to find some cute ones, though, at LifeUniform and a uniform outlet store. My favorite was a blue A-line top with a tie in the back that had little daisies all over it (my fave flower). I wore them with blue pantaloons. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Oh, yeah. I forgot. I have a pair of scrubs, too! I've had them forever. I got them when I was thirteen and loved them because they were comfortable and they made me look older (I thought. People probably would have assumed I was in college anyway). They still fit because I haven't grown since then, but I wear them only to sleep in now because they are stained.

I need to get rid of some clothes- partly for my general discernment and trying to detach, etc. But partly because having so many tops/t-shirts gives me an excuse to not do laundry and then in piles. ugh.

FutureSister2009

I've had no problems donating clothes or stuffed animals in the past. I have some attachments to certain T-shirts and stuff and I don't have the heart to get rid of them until I know I have an entrance date set up. I also read in the Catholic Star Herald that every year they have this Prom dress donation thing going on. I'm still in love with my prom dress so I don't want to donate it yet. I'm also going to hang on to that until I do have an entrance date.

Santa Cruz

Ah, this is my area of weakness. It is familial. I so relate to Elizabeth of the Trinity with her love of fashion and she made it to Blessedness and Heaven so I have hope for my conversion. I surely can always find something I do not need and can offer to another. Thank you for the inspiration!