An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blessing Of The New Light

JessicaKoch

JessicaKoch

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscerningSoul?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/yVMqbTKE5NE"]http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscerningSoul?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/yVMqbTKE5NE[/url]
Today EWTN's own Rev.Fr. Kenneth Brighenti was at St. Peter's Church in New Britain. My home parish.
Most of my family on my fathers side work and help out at the church. It's neat having a father with the keys to the church! LOL
As my discernent grows in intesity witnessing and being able to help at Mass today really touched me.
There are times during Mass I find myself wanting to burst out in tears and seeing the fire and the new easter candle being lit was just so admazing!
Thank you for letting me share this great moment with you.

Jessica :nunpray:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='JessicaKoch' timestamp='1303618246' post='2231623']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscerningSoul?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/yVMqbTKE5NE"]http://www.youtube.c...u/0/yVMqbTKE5NE[/url]
Today EWTN's own Rev.Fr. Kenneth Brighenti was at St. Peter's Church in New Britain. My home parish.
Most of my family on my fathers side work and help out at the church. It's neat having a father with the keys to the church! LOL
As my discernent grows in intesity witnessing and being able to help at Mass today really touched me.
There are times during Mass I find myself wanting to burst out in tears and seeing the fire and the new easter candle being lit was just so admazing!
Thank you for letting me share this great moment with you.

Jessica :nunpray:
[/quote]

Welcome to VS! Keep posting! This is one of the few places (outside monasteries, of course) where discernment is the norm, and I am the "different" one because I'm not discerning religious life. (My job is to keep the home fires burning, among other things.)

JessicaKoch

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1303674386' post='2231900']
Welcome to VS! Keep posting! This is one of the few places (outside monasteries, of course) where discernment is the norm, and I am the "different" one because I'm not discerning religious life. (My job is to keep the home fires burning, among other things.)
[/quote]

LOL thanks for the warm welcome!
I am an old timer here its just I couldnt remember my password so I signed in using my FB.
I am "DiscerningSoul" God's little sensitive soul!:nunpray:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

I really love the Easter Vigil. This year was amazing... The spousal nature of the Liturgy was so overwhelming, I was nearly unable to say 'Amen' when I went to receive communion. I'm sure the extraordinary minister was wondering if I was okay, because I am sure there was plenty of mascara streaming from my eyes, lol.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1303703064' post='2232093']
+JMJ

I really love the Easter Vigil. This year was amazing... The spousal nature of the Liturgy was so overwhelming, I was nearly unable to say 'Amen' when I went to receive communion. I'm sure the extraordinary minister was wondering if I was okay, because I am sure there was plenty of mascara streaming from my eyes, lol.
[/quote]

I really wished I had gone to the Easter Vigil AND Easter Mass today. I went to a Vigil Mass a few years ago and there were so many people, it was incredible!

I had a similar experience like you during the Easter Noon Mass. I posted about in in the Transmundane Lane, but I received the Eucharist while I was on the altar with the other EMHCs and nearly broke down into tears. I had to close my eyes since I didn't want to make a scene and I prayed. The joy just wanted to burst out of me, it was nearly uncontainable! I haven't felt that way in a long time. I experience a closeness everytime I receive the Eucharist, but this, to me, was really very special. It's hard to explain. :blush:

Almost every mass I have gone to this Lent has involved me crying. Sometimes just a few tears and at other times tears just streaming down my face. This has been the most amazing Lent I have ever had. My connection with God was strengthened, I fell in love with daily mass, with taking that hour out of my day. I learned the rosary (I'm a convert and that was like 30 minutes of RCIA), I started praying totally differently, I have gained so much this Lent and lost so much. My family disowned me because I am discerning and going to visit some communities this summer. I gained an amazing relationship with God though. I have never cried so much at mass or in prayer or found such joy in either. This Lent I really opened myself up to God and I love it. So for all the pain of losing my family, I also had so much peace and strength given to me.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

My prayers are for you as you discern. I'm so sorry to learn of the problems you are experiencing and sincerely hope that your parents have a change of heart.
God Bless you

Edited by Jennirom

LaPetiteSoeur

The Easter Vigil is my favorite Mass ever, with Midnight Christmas Mass being second.

There's just something about the candle lighting. This year, our former firefighters lit our "candle" fire by lighting it in...a stirofoam container! Thankfully, we had water on hand (and holy water!) to save the container from combustion. The candle was lit and we used glowsticks for everyone. The glowsticks take a little bit of the sancitity away, but there are just so many little kids at my church and 100+ year old churches and children with fire do not mix.

The readings are the best--the best readings of all time combined into one liturgy. The baptisms, first communions, and confirmations are always wonderful, touching, and fantastic. The music--nothing like Handel's Halleluyah chorus to welcome a risen Christ!

It's just wonderful!:nun2: Now I'm sad it's over.

JessicaKoch

[quote name='Jennirom' timestamp='1303745179' post='2232451']
My prayers are for you as you discern. I'm so sorry to learn of the problems you are experiencing and sincerely hope that your parents have a change of heart.
God Bless you
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your prayers it means alot to me.
My mom and dad are ok with me discerning, I think my mother has a harder time knowing that her oldest is going to be leaving the nest.
Being so sure of the Lord's path has made this expirance much more easy to follow.
Again thank you for your continued prayers.
Jessica

AccountDeleted

[quote name='JessicaKoch' timestamp='1303829214' post='2233354']
Thank you so much for your prayers it means alot to me.
My mom and dad are ok with me discerning, I think my mother has a harder time knowing that her oldest is going to be leaving the nest.
Being so sure of the Lord's path has made this expirance much more easy to follow.
Again thank you for your continued prayers.
Jessica
[/quote]

I can relate to your experience because I come from a non-Catholic family too. Converting is one thing, but discerning religious life really threw them. Over time, things should settle down for your family and friends, although they may always be a little confused about your decision. My family still see me as some kind of 'religious fanatic' but they love me and support me anyway. I will pray that your loved ones come to an acceptance and understanding of your choices. Never stop praying for them all and remember how long St Monica had to pray for her son, St Augustine before he converted! Even if my family never do convert, I ask Jesus to bring them all closer to Him. Our prayers for our families and friends is the greatest love we can give them.