An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Friday Services

Cam42

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1303751455' post='2232476']
That's exactly it, isn't it? They [the clergy] don't want to address these issues, but we need to force them to do so anyway. It's our right to do so, and in addition we need to stand up for beautiful and sacred worship.
[/quote]

Yes, we need to heal Holy Mother Church from within, not from without...nor with disobedience, but with humility and respect to the Magisterium and the Pope.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303752214' post='2232488']
Yes, we need to heal Holy Mother Church from within, not from without...nor with disobedience, but with humility and respect to the Magisterium and the Pope.
[/quote]
Good thing everyone on Phatmass (besides the Protestant members and atheists) are within the Church.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1303736282' post='2232426']
CC the priest's bishop. Also, go to the parishes website, if they have one. See if the priest has an email address and email him in addition. A parish me and my wife were at years ago had some abuses in the mass that most people wouldn't recognize. I wrote the pastor a letter, but got no response. Someone at the parish said he uses email regularly, so I emailed him my letter and he did reply. More than likely this priest will not be converted as a result of your letter. But as I told my wife, we need to address such things and force the priest to think about it.
[/quote]

That is just what I've been doing. I've written him twice in the past, on behalf of my parents. I've had one response, but it was a justification of why he is abusive to the Liturgy. I did cc: the Bishop on the last letter, but have not received any response from either, sadly. I suppose I could send it all the way up to Rome, but I don't know what good that will do either.

So, I'll write another letter and I will go through the motions, but I have no hope that anything will come from it.

Frankly, I do exepect that these letters should change him, unless he feels he is above the parishoners and in no need of complying with the mandates of the Church. If that is the case, then we have a much bigger problem than me being difficult in writing to the pastor or even the bishop. This is also the reason that I've made the move to traditionalism. For all their faults, they listen and take the faithful seriously.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1303752364' post='2232490']
Good thing everyone on Phatmass (besides the Protestant members and atheists) are within the Church.
[/quote]

yeah, its too bad not many of us are humble and obedient, though :P

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303752442' post='2232495']
[/quote]
Is it really humble to say that?

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men; extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.'

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303752442' post='2232495']
[/quote]

Humility doesn't equal meekness.

Obedience doesn't equal following blindly.

The majority of people here are humble in the proper sense of the word and the majority of people where are obedient to the authentic Magisterium (exceptions being Protestants and atheists of course).

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1303752596' post='2232498']
Is it really humble to say that?

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men; extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.'
[/quote]

Oh, did I hit a nerve, cos I was really really talking about myself...and the rest of my phatmass phamily (you are not included in that crowd)

[quote name='Cam42' timestamp='1303752758' post='2232502']
Humility doesn't equal meekness.

Obedience doesn't equal following blindly.

The majority of people here are humble in the proper sense of the word and the majority of people where are obedient to the authentic Magisterium (exceptions being Protestants and atheists of course).
[/quote]

is it really humble to keep saying how correct you are, while thinking the majority of us do not know the faith because we don't fall in lock step with the SSPX? :P

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303752994' post='2232505']
Oh, did I hit a nerve, cos I was really really talking about myself...and the rest of my phatmass phamily (you are not included in that crowd)
[/quote]
I'm sure the rest of the Phatmass Phamily (which I was saddened to learn doesn't include me :cry2: ) would be disappointed to find out that they're largely not humble or obedient. I suppose I will pray for them.