An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Allowed Construction Of Mormon Temple In Rome

Dave

Recently I was told that Pope John Paul II had allowed construction of a Mormon temple in Rome (not sure how long ago it was). The person telling me this condemns giving such permission. I, however, don't think a pope would have power over such things anyway. Thoughts?

Thanks. I did some research myself, and the Mormon temple in Rome, which is slated for completion in 2013, doesn't seem to be anywhere near Vatican City.

Nihil Obstat

Who was the weirdy telling you that John Paul II approved it? :wacko: Some kinda Vatican NWO Priory of Sion conspiracy type? :P

[quote name='Dave' timestamp='1301517096' post='2224761']
Thanks. I did some research myself, and the Mormon temple in Rome, which is slated for completion in 2013, doesn't seem to be anywhere near Vatican City.
[/quote]

bummer, I wanted some of the LDS evengelists to knock on the door of the papacy and see how well they did :hehe2:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1301517643' post='2224763']
Who was the weirdy telling you that John Paul II approved it? :wacko: Some kinda Vatican NWO Priory of Sion conspiracy type? :P
[/quote]

Let's just say it's someone (not on here, mind you) who seems to be in danger of sedevacantism (even if not immediate danger).

[quote]bummer, I wanted some of the LDS evengelists to knock on the door of the papacy and see how well they did :hehe2:[/quote]

That would be something!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Dave' timestamp='1301510516' post='2224738']
Recently I was told that Pope John Paul II had allowed construction of a Mormon temple in Rome (not sure how long ago it was). The person telling me this condemns giving such permission. I, however, don't think a pope would have power over such things anyway. Thoughts?
[/quote]
The Pope doesn't own the city of Rome anymore. Pity...
Tell your friend to stop swimming with the sharks and get back on the barque of St Peter.

[quote name='Dave' timestamp='1301517923' post='2224766']
Let's just say it's someone (not on here, mind you) who seems to be in danger of sedevacantism (even if not immediate danger).
[/quote]
you? it seems like quite a few of your posts lately have to do with the Church being wrong

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1301517767' post='2224764']
bummer, I wanted some of the LDS evengelists to knock on the door of the papacy and see how well they did :hehe2:
[/quote]

Oh what I would give to watch that happen. I think I might have serious issues not laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1301528677' post='2224846']
you? it seems like quite a few of your posts lately have to do with the Church being wrong
[/quote]

If you'd have carefully read recent posts of mine, it would have been reasonably evident that I was asking for input to counter claims that I'd heard OTHERS make regarding the Church or Holy Father being wrong. It does no good to just pooh-pooh such statements; one should be able to actually address and refute the claim being made!

thessalonian

Mormon missionaries. Fun. Lived in utah for 8 years. Love talking to em. Just don't know how I could ever finish building a moutain with a steamshovel like they told me I could one time.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1301532635' post='2224869']
Mormon missionaries. Fun. Lived in utah for 8 years. Love talking to em. Just don't know how I could ever finish building a moutain with a steamshovel like they told me I could one time.
[/quote]
:blink: :crazy: i don't think i could ever live in Utah.

Laudate_Dominum

I met quite a few Mormons in Rome. Apparently it isn't legal for them to proselytize like they do here. Not sure how it is now though. I remember having a lot of small talk with Mormon missionaries and not much else.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1301572771' post='2225012']
I met quite a few Mormons in Rome. Apparently it isn't legal for them to proselytize like they do here. Not sure how it is now though. I remember having a lot of small talk with Mormon missionaries and not much else.
[/quote]
All they ever want to talk about is smalls.

Don't ask them about magnets.