An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Weekend

mcts

This weekend I'm going on a vocation retreat at the convent that alrichey and JTeresa are at. Anyone have anything for me to tell them?

I just spent an hour with 3 of their sisters (Sr. Maria Gemma, Sr. Beneticta, and Sr. Petra) tonight! They are a super amazing community!

Definitely need to know:
Praised Be Jesus Christ. Now and Forever, Amen.

and

O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine. All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment thine.

I *might* be able to answer any questions you have. Let me know!

Please let them know they are in our thoughts and prayers, and may God grant them them abundant graces, especially that of perseverance. :)

And prayers for you, too, on your retreat! :amen:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1300845298' post='2222522']
I just spent an hour with 3 of their sisters (Sr. Maria Gemma, Sr. Beneticta, and Sr. Petra) tonight! They are a super amazing community!

Definitely need to know:
Praised Be Jesus Christ. Now and Forever, Amen.

and

O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine. All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment thine.

I *might* be able to answer any questions you have. Let me know!
[/quote]

Their community is amesome. I used to go to school 15 minutes from them.

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='mcts' timestamp='1300849637' post='2222554']
Their community is amesome. I used to go to school 15 minutes from them.
[/quote]

I go to school about that far from them, I think, maybe it's more like 10 mins. St. Joe?

I was just there yesterday! They are amesome; I learned a lot!
Edited to say that I agree with Lisa and I haven't seen Sr. Maria Gemma in so long! I forget, is she teaching somewhere?

Edited by Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1300852307' post='2222576']
I go to school about that far from them, I think, maybe it's more like 10 mins. St. Joe?

I was just there yesterday! They are amesome; I learned a lot!
Edited to say that I agree with Lisa and I haven't seen Sr. Maria Gemma in so long! I forget, is she teaching somewhere?
[/quote]

Yes, she's teaching Junior and Senior religion at Central Catholic in Lafayette
[img]http://ssfpa.org/images/event/2011/EucharisticRetreats/SrMariaGemmaSrMariannaDJ2011.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1300852307' post='2222576']
[/quote]

Nope. Holy Cross :)

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1300881068' post='2222628']
Yes, she's teaching Junior and Senior religion at Central Catholic in Lafayette
[img]http://ssfpa.org/images/event/2011/EucharisticRetreats/SrMariaGemmaSrMariannaDJ2011.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I WAS AT THAT RETREAT!

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='mcts' timestamp='1300941863' post='2222883']
Nope. Holy Cross :)
[/quote]

Ah, well just down the street then! I drive past it every day

loveletslive

ooooh NO i am sooo sad i just now saw your post!!!! ahhh i would have sent you a letter to smuggle to alexa since she can't read any of my letters until after lent.

how is she? how was the retreat? i went on one in january!

They both said to tell everyone hi. They are doing GREAT! They're SO happy :) JTeresa was my "prayer partner" for most of the weekend and I ate breakfast with alrichey on Sunday morning and we talked for a long time. They also taught me to play bid euchre :) SO much fun! This weekend was amesome :)

[quote name='mcts' timestamp='1301371190' post='2224131']
They both said to tell everyone hi. They are doing GREAT! They're SO happy :) JTeresa was my "prayer partner" for most of the weekend and I ate breakfast with alrichey on Sunday morning and we talked for a long time. They also taught me to play bid euchre :) SO much fun! This weekend was amesome :)
[/quote]

So, are you discerning with them?

For those that are interested, here's some past phorums about their community:
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=108221&st=0&p=2168669&hl=+francis%20+perpetual%20+adoration&fromsearch=1&#entry2168669"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=108221&st=0&p=2168669&hl=+francis%20+perpetual%20+adoration&fromsearch=1&#entry2168669[/url]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=107524&st=0&p=2157930&hl=+francis%20+perpetual%20+adoration&fromsearch=1&#entry2157930"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=107524&st=0&p=2157930&hl=+francis%20+perpetual%20+adoration&fromsearch=1&#entry2157930[/url]

:)

While I absolutely LOVE the community, I'm not really discerning with them, mostly because I have ADD and would not fit well with their community, but also because I'm fairly certain now that I'm being called to married life.

[quote name='mcts' timestamp='1301536936' post='2224910']
While I absolutely LOVE the community, I'm not really discerning with them, mostly because I have ADD and would not fit well with their community, but also because I'm fairly certain now that I'm being called to married life.
[/quote]

Married life= FANTASTIC!!!!!!! We LOVEEEEEEEEE happy Catholic families!!!!!!!!! What a great vocation!!!!!!

seriously, I don't think enough people appreciate how beautiful the vocation to married life is! That God made one person, just for you to mirror his relationship with us! :love: