An Old School Catholic Message Board

Simpsons Type Cartoons

dairygirl4u2c

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Simpsons, while no longer the best thing on tv, is still etter than 90% of the junk out there, not to mention it has been one of the funnier shows for 2 decades straight.

Futurama, is a brilliant, smart funny show and i love it to pieces.

South Park, is offensive, but i like it, sometimes it is brilliant satire. not to mention, it has a very short turn around time to create each episode, and is generally way more day to day relevant in the public sphere than other shows.

Family Guy, well its not that great, but if its on, chances are its better than a lot of the other shows on at the same time. above ones not included.

Family Guy and American Dad cure boredom, a distraction for me, which is why i gave up tv for lent cause there's a few hours of stuff i can better occupy my time. South Park is funny as hell and their satire is pretty clutch for a cartoon.

As for the other shows I've only seen a couple episodes. I liked em but just haven't found their way on my radar. I'm in love with King of the Hill which, before I gave it a real chance, was the most tedious, nauseatingly boring cartoon one could create. Though it's subtlety eventually won me over

Laudate_Dominum

Neat, I ended up voting with the herd. I don't watch any of those shows so I'm just voting based on a general impression. I have seen some awful clips from SP and FG though. And I have watched Simpsons episodes long ago. Also watched the Star Wars spoof of FG now that I think about it. Never heard of American Dad. Um.. Saw a couple episodes of Futurama while staying at a hotel one time. 'Twas pretty good. I speculate that there is raunchy humor at times, but prolly not as bad as SP and FG which I've heard makes jokes about abortion, incest, beastiality, paedophilia, blasphemy, as well as anti-Christian jabs. Apparently phallus jokes are even "okay" now. When I was a cartoon watching youth you'd have to go to MTV or HBO for that kind of gutter humor (channels we didn't have, thank God), but I doubt it was even that bad.

Edited by Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1300206487' post='2220882']
all of those shows are dumb and trash! they make me wanna :x

[/quote]

Can you honestly tell me you have watched all of those shows? second question, if yes, can you really say Futurama is dumb and trash?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1300207026' post='2220883']
Neat, I ended up voting with the herd. I don't watch any of those shows so I'm just voting based on a general impression. I have seen some awful clips from SP and FG though. And I have watched Simpsons episodes long ago. Also watched the Star Wars spoof of FG now that I think about it. Never heard of American Dad. Um.. Saw a couple episodes of Futurama while staying at a hotel one time. 'Twas pretty good. I speculate that there is raunchy humor at times, but prolly not as bad as SP and FG which I've heard makes jokes about abortion, incest, beastiality, paedophilia, blasphemy, as well as anti-Christian jabs. Apparently phallus jokes are even "okay" now. When I was a cartoon watching youth you'd have to go to MTV or HBO for that kind of gutter humor (channels we didn't have, thank God), but I doubt it was even that bad.
[/quote]

Futurama has a little double entendre now and then, and a few jokes that go over kid's heads, but its actually pretty clean. more importantly its super amesome, smart and about the future, aliens, robots, mutants, timetravel, etc :D

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1300213518' post='2220909']
more importantly its super amesome, smart and about the future, aliens, robots, mutants, timetravel, etc :D
[/quote]
Dang, that's what I'm talking about. :clapping: