An Old School Catholic Message Board

Family Vestition Visit

NunMother

In mid-February our family was allowed a special visit to see our daughter after her Vestition Ceremony on February 2nd, 2011.

We had a wonderful time with all the Sisters at their beautiful Saint Joseph Monastery. Lots of music on violin and dulcimer!

[url="http://www.passionistnuns.org/blog/?p=231"]Family Vestition Visit[/url]

OnlySunshine

Absolutely beautiful. No one can ever say to me that cloistered nuns look gloomy and lifeless. They are so energetic and fun! God bless them. :)

NunMother, your daughters both seem to be brilliantly accomplished. We are certainly blessed to be the benefactors of Sr. Cecilia Maria's prayers and your wonderful family's generosity in raising her!

I must say every time I go over to that site I am struck by how very joyful that community seems.

NunMother, your daughters both seem to be brilliantly accomplished. We are certainly blessed to be the benefactors of Sr. Cecilia Maria's prayers and your wonderful family's generosity in raising her!

I must say every time I go over to that site I am struck by how very joyful that community seems.

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and a glimpse into your family's private life. I know these visits are often so bittersweet, but what happiness you must feel in knowing she is happy and surrounded by wonderful (happy) women!

May God reward you for the sacrifice you and your husband have made! It really made my heart jump to see such happiness!

Pax,

TradMom

[quote name='TradMom' timestamp='1299609981' post='2219242']
+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and a glimpse into your family's private life. I know these visits are often so bittersweet, but what happiness you must feel in knowing she is happy and surrounded by wonderful (happy) women!

May God reward you for the sacrifice you and your husband have made! It really made my heart jump to see such happiness!

Pax,

TradMom
[/quote]

Tradmom, your daughters must be nearing first vows, soon?

Thank you all for your kind words. They mean so much to me and my family. The Phatmass Phorum has been very helpful in my journey to understand my daughter's decision to become a Nun. If I can be happy and proud for her desire to follow God, I know that other parents who struggle with the same can also accept their daughter's and son's choices. [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love013.gif[/img]

[quote name='NunMother' timestamp='1299559512' post='2219053']
In mid-February our family was allowed a special visit to see our daughter after her Vestition Ceremony on February 2nd, 2011.

We had a wonderful time with all the Sisters at their beautiful Saint Joseph Monastery. Lots of music on violin and dulcimer!

[url="http://www.passionistnuns.org/blog/?p=231"]Family Vestition Visit[/url]
[/quote]

Thank you for sharing your lovely time at St Joseph Monastery with us. You must be very proud os Sr Cecilia Maria and also her accomplished younger sister.
God Bless

Edited by Jennirom