An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Member Of Phatmass

kavalame

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299387960' post='2218459']
I am indeed dyslexic, but I was being funny with the leave me alone part. Sometimes dyslexia is funny and makes you read things funny, for instance there is some brand of chocolate I saw somewhere called Tante Chocolate and I read Tantric Chocolate. You know like the thing Sting does. Caused some interesting images to pop in my head. Chocolatiers doing weird yoga poses while making chocolate. Dyslexia is fun! lol
[/quote]

I'm not dyslexic, but there is this one hymn that I always read wrong EVERY TIME. Maybe I'm allergic to certain new agey hymns

There is a wideness in God's Mercy

red
There is a wilderness in God's Mercy.:blush:

BTW, Sting kinda creeps me out! Just a tad....

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1299429659' post='2218506']
I'm not dyslexic, but there is this one hymn that I always read wrong EVERY TIME. Maybe I'm allergic to certain new agey hymns

There is a wideness in God's Mercy

red
There is a wilderness in God's Mercy.:blush:

BTW, Sting kinda creeps me out! Just a tad....
[/quote]

rotfl

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1299416657' post='2218482']
[url="http://www.olamshrine.blogspot.com/"]http://www.olamshrine.blogspot.com/[/url]
They have some great posts!!!! And they have a story about a 1st profession and a new postulant in the first couple of posts!

Another PCPA blog that I really like is: [url="http://desertnuns.blogspot.com/"]Desert Nun News
[/url]
Pepetual adoration is beautiful :love:
[/quote]

Thank you for posting the olam website and the Desert Nun News. I enjoyed them very much.

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299387960' post='2218459']
I am indeed dyslexic, but I was being funny with the leave me alone part. Sometimes dyslexia is funny and makes you read things funny, for instance there is some brand of chocolate I saw somewhere called Tante Chocolate and I read Tantric Chocolate. You know like the thing Sting does. Caused some interesting images to pop in my head. Chocolatiers doing weird yoga poses while making chocolate. Dyslexia is fun! lol
[/quote]

Dear Emilie, I work with dyxlexic people and I am sure you know that many are very bright and many very famous people were/are dyslexic - even some academics such as professors of science, law and medicine. Although dyslexic people struggle with literacy, they have real strengths in other areas. I love your attitude to this 'gift' from God and am sure you will made a wonderful religious some day :)

[quote name='Jarrah' timestamp='1299469595' post='2218712']
Dear Emilie, I work with dyxlexic people and I am sure you know that many are very bright and many very famous people were/are dyslexic - even some academics such as professors of science, law and medicine. Although dyslexic people struggle with literacy, they have real strengths in other areas. I love your attitude to this 'gift' from God and am sure you will made a wonderful religious some day :)
[/quote]

I am aware of all the famous people, such as Einstein, who were and are dyslexic. I went to a school specifically for kids with learning differences. I personally have dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalcula. Most of the time I don't have issues and some times the dyslexia is fun because I read things wrong and end up with something fun. Thanks to my school most people would never guess I have a learning difference. I go to a highly esteemed Catholic Liberal Arts university and the only times as an adult I have an issue is trying to learn a foreign language. It is a gift, I see the world in a different way than most people and that has made all the difference.

Pax_et bonum

My sister is a lysdexic gril [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/topsy.gif[/img]

[quote name='kavalame' timestamp='1299464768' post='2218682']
Thank you for posting the olam website and the Desert Nun News. I enjoyed them very much.
[/quote]

Have you visited any communities or been corresponding with any? :)

[quote name='kavalame' timestamp='1299210930' post='2217713']
So happy to be a member of phatmass.
Still working my way through your posts.
kavalame
[/quote]

Hello Kavalame!
Welcome to Phatmass!
I'm Tally.

Pax et bonum!

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1299550570' post='2219006']
Hello Kavalame!
Welcome to Phatmass!
I'm Tally.

Pax et bonum!
[/quote]