An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

AccountDeleted

Chiquitunga

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1298845515' post='2216211']So I live in a cabin on 20 acres in the Australian bush, about half an hour's drive from the nearest town. When I came back to Melbourne, I was offered so much, including this property for a less than nominal rent, the use of a car, everything just fell into place (almost as if it were meant to be [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] ) and God has been with me every step of the way. The townsfolk have been kind and supportive, generous with their time and possessions when I need help, and the local parish church is a sweet little place with a very small congregation (at which the Bishop celebrated Mass last weekend!). I have no electricity except for an emergency generator (petrol driven), I use rain tank water, cook on a wood stove and heat with one as well. I use a kerosene lantern and candles at night. I pray the Divine Office seven times a day, do two hours of mental prayer and pray my Rosary, just as if I were in Carmel. I chop wood and boil water for washing and work in the garden and watch the kangaroos. I love this life, despite the physical hardships because I am able to focus it totally on loving God and praying for Christ's Church.[/quote]

What a blessed life!! :pray:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1298845515' post='2216211']So, don't cry for me, phatmass. Rejoice with me. With or without the official recognition of the Church, Jesus has made me His. With St Paul, I say that Christ now lives in me and with Julian of Norwich, I say, "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."

I go back to the hermitage today, so I won't be online again for awhile. Thank you for the emails and for caring about me. I will keep you all in my prayers that you remain in the loving heart of Jesus, whatever path your life seems to take...... it really is all about Him. :love:
[/quote]

Rejoicing with you! :clap: You are a great example of perseverance in following Our Lord no matter what to us all! You're an inspiration! Thank you!