Tea bag,
Teleidoscope,
Television,
Transistor,
Typographer (typewriter),
UBV photometric system,
Urinary catheterization[/spoiler]

Edited by Papist

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']Numbered (In blue) for convenience.[/quote]Thank you.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']1) Carpet bombing is also immoral, and is clearly murder. It kills indiscriminately. It does not, by its very nature, attack military targets. It is murder.[/quote]I will assume the answer is no. But at least vaguely familiar. I abhor violence, but regretfully it is periodically necessitated.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']2) Killing in self-defense is not murder.[/quote]Though curiously all killing leaves us with dead people regardless of what we call it.

My personal philosophy demands always and everywhere ([i]quality of[/i]) life be peacefully and ethically defended and preserved. I tend to be a pacifist, but pacifism that is self-defeating is no way to live.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']Bloodless wars are unlikely, but murder may never be condoned. It must be condemned at every opportunity and in the strongest of terms.[/quote]When people may arbitrarily define what murder is or isn't, the words of condemnation regardless of strength looses something.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']3) Do the ends justify the means?[/quote]This is the second time you asked this question. Please clarify its relevance. Otherwise I don't see a need to reply to it.

Morals are particular rules or practices concerning right or wrong, good or bad, and perhaps true or false behavior and attitudes. I do not have a physiologically splitting philosophy or perspective, while regrettable sometimes we do what is wrong. I suspect that is a realization of maturing in the world, the place I live.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']Would you murder an innocent person to save ten others? Would you kill a hostage to get the bad guy? We are not utilitarians, nor consequentialists, nor relativists. We may not ever, for any reason, condone the murder that occurred that day.[/quote]I will get right on changing history.
[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']And no, you have no guilt in that event. To say so is to ignore logic.[/quote]Did you read what I wrote?[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298907154' post='2216423']While the consequences last far longer, the personal guilt taken on by previous generations cannot be transferred. There's no such thing as collective responsibility.[/quote]Really, did you read what I wrote?

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1298919442' post='2216474']
Thank you.I will assume the answer is no. But at least vaguely familiar. I abhor violence, but regretfully it is periodically necessitated.Though curiously all killing leaves us with dead people regardless of what we call it.

My personal philosophy demands always and everywhere ([i]quality of[/i]) life be peacefully and ethically defended and preserved. I tend to be a pacifist, but pacifism that is self-defeating is no way to live.When people may arbitrarily define what murder is or isn't, the words of condemnation regardless of strength looses something.This is the second time you asked this question. Please clarify its relevance. Otherwise I don't see a need to reply to it.

Morals are particular rules or practices concerning right or wrong, good or bad, and perhaps true or false behavior and attitudes. I do not have a physiologically splitting philosophy or perspective, while regrettable sometimes we do what is wrong. I suspect that is a realization of maturing in the world, the place I live.I will get right on changing history.
Did you read what I wrote?Really, did you read what I wrote?
[/quote]
Your 'philosophy' is incoherent. First of all, the definition of murder was not created by me, nor is it arbitrary. Why don't we start there. Check the post I made using CCC references.
Beyond that, you've said nothing substantial in this post.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298919752' post='2216476']Your 'philosophy' is incoherent.[/quote]Only to an uneducated or rash person.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298919752' post='2216476']First of all, the definition of murder was not created by me, nor is it arbitrary.[/quote]Completely missed the point[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298919752' post='2216476']Why don't we start there. Check the post I made using CCC references.[/quote]Somehow reading a diatribe was not in my plans today.[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298919752' post='2216476']Beyond that, you've said nothing substantial in this post.[/quote]Do you ever grow tired of calling people or their work a waste of space?

If you really think as such, ignore my posts, I invite and welcome you to.

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat