Edited by Maximilianus

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1298857381' post='2216305']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXKkgQf51A&feature=related[/media]

[/quote]

Organized crime in America.
[img]http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Congress.jpg[/img]

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

I'll see you guys whatever that stuff is, and raise you my favourite introit, Gaudeamus omnes in Domino.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7nFmuNeA1Y[/media]

No, it's not relevant. No, I don't care. :proud: I think it's lovely. It's the introit that was recorded on my Palestrina cd with Missa Papae Marcelli.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1298857552' post='2216306']Organized crime in America.
[img]http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Congress.jpg[/img][/quote]

:pope: Perhaps, but funny. :dance:

[quote name='Sternhauser' timestamp='1298844202' post='2216204']
Ed, of all the laws the Statethugs break, their constent flouting of the law of unintended consequences is their most egregious offense. The combination of historical ignorance and political expedience ensure that innocent people will suffer because of the State's actions. I wouldn't trust a congressman to watch my dog for a weekend, yet you trust them to send money and weapons to foreign dictators. Do you think even a simple majority of people in congress and the Senate are moral people? Rosa DeLauro, Nancy Pelosi , Jim Moran, John Dingell, Loretta Sanchez, Joe Baca, Carolyn McCarthy and John Kerry, some primo publicly-dissenting "Catholics," come to mind. How many do you think have any understanding of or respect for the Just War Principle, or any respect for the principle of double effect? Never mind that, how many do you think aren't consequentialists?

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Stern, in America we have a representative republic, unfortunately these people do represent at least 50% of the country. When the wacko left liberals either move out or stop voting that will change. Name the country with a better track record for anything, peace, innovations, medical science, technology and maybe your argument will hold some validity.This planet is made up of humans, and as such we are all imperfect. Send us a perfect man and we will crucify him, thats the reality, all in all I am proud of America, its accomplishments and its people. I do not remember a time we engaged in a genocide, we wage war and then we rebuild and aid the vanquished, we have always been at the forefront in charitable enterprises. We have made some mistakes, but our system of government ensures they will not go unchecked. You clsim to be an Anarchist, what is your solution then?
ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1298860194' post='2216316']
Stern, in America we have a representative republic, unfortunately these people do represent at least 50% of the country. When the wacko left liberals either move out or stop voting that will change. Name the country with a better track record for anything, peace, innovations, medical science, technology and maybe your argument will hold some validity.This planet is made up of humans, and as such we are all imperfect. Send us a perfect man and we will crucify him, thats the reality, all in all I am proud of America, its accomplishments and its people. [b]I do not remember a time we engaged in a genocide[/b], we wage war and then we rebuild and aid the vanquished, we have always been at the forefront in charitable enterprises. We have made some mistakes, but our system of government ensures they will not go unchecked. You clsim to be an Anarchist, what is your solution then?
ed
[/quote]
Some might classify the bombings of Japan to be genocide.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298863964' post='2216331']Some might classify the bombings of Japan to be genocide.[/quote]Failed genocide maybe? But curious perspective.

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' timestamp='1298864379' post='2216334']
Failed genocide maybe? But curious perspective.
[/quote]
They were disgusting, in any case.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298864474' post='2216335']
They were disgusting, in any case.
[/quote]
Canada and Australia mate! :winner: :wave:

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1298867164' post='2216341']
Canada and Australia mate! :winner: :wave:
[/quote]
:lol: Do we get to join the "we haven't intentionally murdered civilians with atomic bombs" club?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1298867282' post='2216344']
:lol: Do we get to join the "we haven't intentionally murdered civilians with atomic bombs" club?
[/quote]

Not really my friend, you may be ignorant of the fact that both Canada and England were major collaborators in the Manhattan project to develop the bomb which was used in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, look up Tube Alloys, the code name for the joint England/Canada project that was actually the first nuclear weapon project that pre-empted the Manhattan Project and was later subsumed into the Manhattan Project. Also look up Chalk River Laboratories, the Canadian company that was instrumental in much of the Mahattan project.

ed