An Old School Catholic Message Board

Interracial Dating/marriage

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1298775647' post='2215977']
well, better not share this thread with any woman then. :|
[/quote]

You say that only because you are taking it out of context.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298775690' post='2215978']
Its different because it is in terms of race. And racism is illegal in the United States. I think maybe you disagree simply because you may have never felt as strongly about someone of a different race as you have felt towards what is more familiar to you sexually. This does not mean that you are capable of having those same feelings for any other race.
[/quote]

You have still failed to how a personal preference of physical attraction equates to racism. Physical attraction does not mean that a person believes one race superior than another.

I disagree because what you're saying is ridiculous, and so far, unfounded.

Your definition of racism, as posited in the first post:

[quote]Racism- the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others.[/quote]

First, race [i]does[/i] generally have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors (physical traits, culture, etc). Second, you have still failed to prove that a person's personal sexual attraction to a member of particular race equates to a belief that the said race is intrinsically superior over others.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298775332' post='2215971']
I would be careful about that. I would be willing to bet that your maximum potential, for having attractions for both of them, is equal. You just may not be as open to a spaniard man as you are an irishman. would you agree?
[/quote]

Nope, I wouldn't. I have spaniard inlaws and it is refreshing to be treated as a lady :)
The most important characteristics of a man is a good loving heart and a good sense of humor, the rest is negotiable :)

infinitelord1

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1298776188' post='2215984']
You have still failed to how a personal preference of physical attraction equates to racism. Physical attraction does not mean that a person believes one race superior than another.

I disagree because what you're saying is ridiculous, and so far, unfounded.

Your definition of racism, as posited in the first post:

First, race [i]does[/i] generally have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors (physical traits, culture, etc). Second, you have still failed to prove that a person's personal sexual attraction to a member of particular race equates to a belief that the said race is intrinsically superior over others.
[/quote]

The fact that a person either expresses orally that they "prefer" one race over another sexually, or by behavior (only dating a member of a certain race)... expresses racism. Racism does not have to be expressed orally.

Let me ask you... lets go back about 50 years or so.... now lets talk about employment during these times.... if someone showed you a piece of paper, and this piece of paper showed you a list of employees for a corporation... and the list showed that all higher paying positions were taken by white people while the majority of lower paying positions were taken by black people even though some of them had college degrees....what would you think? Do you think this is OK?

Now lets say it had been like this in this particular corporation for 50 years. What would you say then? Is this acceptable even though the black employees may not have been treated badly by white employees?

Edited by infinitelord1

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1298777996' post='2215998']
Original poster you're a racist. This thread is ****. Dairygirl you're a raciest ****. Dust you're the man. Respect bro.
[/quote]
Racism can be a choice. I don't think OP is a racist, just a tad bit confused and not explaining his point well. Dairy on the other hand...

infinitelord1

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1298777996' post='2215998']
Original poster you're a racist. This thread is ****. Dairygirl you're a raciest ****. Dust you're the man. Respect bro.
[/quote]

I think the term racist can be easily tossed around these days. I also think that racism gets overlooked in people while in other people it gets tagged on to them automatically with or without reason.

Are you African American?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1298778239' post='2216002']
Racism can be a choice. I don't think OP is a racist, just a tad bit confused and not explaining his point well. Dairy on the other hand...
[/quote]

Yep.

TeresaBenedicta

I'm afraid I can't continue debating until you show how a person's sexual attraction to a particular race equates to a belief that the said race is intrinsically superior over others or how it is different than being attracted to/dating blondes (or whatever).

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298778413' post='2216004']
I think the term racist can be easily tossed around these days. I also think that racism gets overlooked in people while in other people it gets tagged on to them automatically with or without reason.

[/quote]
So racism gets tossed around too freely, but you know precisely what is racist and what isn't?

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298778413' post='2216004']

[/quote]
Your original post was so racist and if you don't see that then God help you. Prayers.

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298775766' post='2215979']
You say that only because you are taking it out of context.
[/quote]
no, i'm pretty sure if you showed pretty much any woman what you've wrote here, and it would be pretty hard for you to get a date...unless you're looking at neonazislove.com

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1298778666' post='2216010']
Your original post was so racist and if you don't see that then God help you. Prayers.
[/quote]
Racism is like an onion, there can be layers and layers that we don't know we have. Addressing the topic instead of condemning the person TRYING to see their way thru it is not helpful , educational, or charitable.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' timestamp='1298766824' post='2215910']
supremicists are hateful and inflaming in my book. what you've just said is millions times more inflaming dispariging denigrating etc than anything i've said.
i just tell it like it is.
[/quote]

No. You're just an apparently unbalance individual with a poor understanding of statistical distribution who likes to leave cryptic posts on a Catholic forum.

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1298773069' post='2215945']
Please keep in mind, while reading this, that I am not coming at you in a threatening way... I just want to point something out to you in hopes that you may come to realize something. You are free to disagree.

I think that by saying "Blacks are better athletes" you are being a racist yourself. Please be aware that not only are other people racists in certain ways. You are as well. So please try to approach this in light manner before simply throwing accusations around about other people being racist. It may be more beneficial for you and the person you are rebuking by making them aware of how they may be being racist. Rather than just accusing them of it.
[/quote]

well obviously your race must not have the brains because you fail to recognize mocking and satire.