An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dsmme May Retreat....

vee

OnlySunshine

Wow! They are truly blessed with vocations. I have wanted to attend a non-vocation retreat there for 2 years, but I don't have the money. :(

OnlySunshine

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1299357861' post='2218315']
and that's not all of them either!!! hahahaha
[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed the postulants weren't included. Probably some of the Sisters at the missionary locations are missing as well. :)

I actually got to meet two of the DSMME sisters about 2 weeks ago. They are so amazing and wonderful. I had great conversations with them about spirituality and prayer. I wish that I felt called to join them, but I will, God willing, be in the family at least. Have fun!

MargaretTeresa

I really wanna go... But its the weekend before finals. :(. And I'm a broke college student. Such is life. My prayers are with you though!!!

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1299719090' post='2219676']
I really wanna go... But its the weekend before finals. :(. And I'm a broke college student. Such is life. My prayers are with you though!!!
[/quote]

Hi MargaretTeresa! I don't think I've properly welcomed you to phatmass! Are you discerning the religious life? If so, have you looked into any communities? (I'm nosy and lovveeee to learn about new communities).

LadyOfSorrows

I love these sisters! I went on the February retreat and it definitely helped in my discernment. Anyone who can go, should! Even if you're not called to that particular community, it's a good way to discern religious life in general, as well as the beautiful Dominican charism.:nunpray:

HopefulBride

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1299727999' post='2219714']
Hi MargaretTeresa! I don't think I've properly welcomed you to phatmass! Are you discerning the religious life? If so, have you looked into any communities? (I'm nosy and lovveeee to learn about new communities).
[/quote]

Not nosy Lisa, inquisitive :) - we all are a bit inquisitive.

I want donuts. Dominican donuts.... sounds interesting.

Ive only registered for the retreat to show God my intent to try to follow His will wherever it may lead. The thing is Im not sure how exactly Im going to get there yet. The arrival and departure times they set are a bit of a problem right now and Im having trouble working out an itinerary.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1299255009' post='2217870']
:| Vee, u do know IT is not in this community, right?
[/quote]

Yes I know, which is precisely why Im interested in them!

HopefulBride

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1299769677' post='2219800']
Ive only registered for the retreat to show God my intent to try to follow His will wherever it may lead. The thing is Im not sure how exactly Im going to get there yet.
[/quote]

LOL, same way I felt when I went to visit the carmelites. And it worked!!! He stopped bugging me about joining a contemplative order and instead I'm to enter a semi-contemplative order.

I think that means you will enter the sisters of the Eternal Word or :gasp: the Nashies LOL :rotfl:

Edited by HopefulBride