An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peanutbutter And Jelly

add

name your jelly  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best spread to use in a PB&J sammitch is Damson Plum preserves. After that Srawberry preserves. Jelly is for wimps ! Now about the bread, who in their right mind uses whole wheat bread for a PB&J? thats appaling, sure it may be better nutritionally, BUT, the taste of the bread would overpower the delicious stuff inside. If I want to eat healthy I am not chowing down on a PB&J anyway. However, I am given hope that most of you chose smooth peanut butter, this fact reaffirms my faith in humanity.

ed

If it ain't got CRUNCH, it ain't no good! But I agree with Ed that white bread is the optimum. I like all jams and jellies - I voted for grape because it's the classic of all the classics, and it leaves the best stains on your shirt.... just lke when you were a kid.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1298696464' post='2215725']
The best spread to use in a PB&J sammitch is Damson Plum preserves. After that Srawberry preserves. Jelly is for wimps ! Now about the bread, who in their right mind uses whole wheat bread for a PB&J? thats appaling, sure it may be better nutritionally, BUT, the taste of the bread would overpower the delicious stuff inside. If I want to eat healthy I am not chowing down on a PB&J anyway. However, I am given hope that most of you chose smooth peanut butter, this fact reaffirms my faith in humanity.

ed
[/quote]
Ooh, I've never had damson preserves! I made a nice damson crumble, though. . .

I don't like white bread any more. During my second pregnancy I ended up with an aversion to any non-wholemeal grains (bread, pasta, etc).

Any jelly, marmalade or jam made with high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar is subpar. If you've tried both, you'll recognize the difference instantly.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1298722480' post='2215757']
grape jelly is the ONLY acceptable jelly for PB&J.
[/quote]

Welch's concord grape?

dominicansoul

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1298671936' post='2215643']
There was NO OPTION called I AM ALLERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER :cry2:
[/quote]

SIIIXXX!!!

What if its not the peanut butter you're allergic to, but the small percentage of bugz that fall in the butter mix at the factory!! :o

[quote name='apparently' timestamp='1298734980' post='2215776']
Welch's concord grape?
[/quote]
yes, but i like the valu-special brand as well.

I am no hater. I love all grape jellies equally.

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1298671936' post='2215643']
There was NO OPTION called I AM ALLERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER :cry2:
[/quote]
that is really no excuse. be a man!!!!

dairygirl4u2c

strawberry > grape
jam > jelly

i thought this was universally accepted?
isn't that why strawberry jams and jellies are mroe expensive? isn't that why jams moreso than jelly? why jams are said to be 'more real' and better quality than jelly?

i can't comment on preserves cause i don't know enough to say. but i suspect they might be better, or at least as good as a natural alterantive.