An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mark's View Of The Catholic Church

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1298328439' post='2214507']
:pope:
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img][img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/priest.gif[/img]

MarkKurallSchuenemann

I suppose it would be important to say that I am protestant - and there are stuff I do disagree with on some of the doctrines of the Catholic Church - but I don't find any reason why you should be persecuted for those differences.

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1298334140' post='2214524']
I suppose it would be important to say that I am protestant - and there are stuff I do disagree with on some of the doctrines of the Catholic Church - but I don't find any reason why you should be persecuted for those differences.
[/quote]

Oh man, you NEVER should have let on that you are a protestant!! Now they will have to kill you, its doctrinal afterall.

ed

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1298425077' post='2214765']
Oh man, you NEVER should have let on that you are a protestant!! Now they will have to kill you, its doctrinal afterall.

ed
[/quote]

LOL!

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='MarkKurallSchuenemann' timestamp='1298334140' post='2214524']
I suppose it would be important to say that I am protestant
[/quote]

Nobodies perfect!

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1298496445' post='2215038']
Nobodies perfect!
[/quote]

There was one guy who was perfect once.
:dance:

But they ended up crucifying him.
:wall:

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1298496646' post='2215041']
what is one doctrine you disagree with? (just one)
[/quote]

You haven't read the Demonic Possession thread have you?

I will not accept now, nor will I ever accept - someone saying the Devil made me do it, I didn't want to do that. At that moment, I would happily give them directions to the nearest place for the criminally insane.

More importantly, if you evaluate the idea that a demon could take you over at any moment God gives them the right to do that is a fearful doctrine that takes away a person's power to react. Well, God doesn't give the spirit of fear, but one of love, power and a sound mind. If it doesn't make sense to me, and commands you to be fearful of something that could happen - than I reject it outright.

Edited by MarkKurallSchuenemann

no, i haven't.. i don't like demons...

i guess i dont understand what catholic doctrine you have issue with...

expand on it if you like.

MarkKurallSchuenemann

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1298514179' post='2215109']
no, i haven't.. i don't like demons...

i guess i dont understand what catholic doctrine you have issue with...

expand on it if you like.
[/quote]

Well I go - demons can certainly affect your emotions, and they can certainly cause pain in your body (all of which is scriptural), but a few people told me Catholic Doctrine was Demons can take over your body, cause your body to do evil things even if you don't want to do those things - and what I was talking about is demonic oppression and obsession - not possession.

I go, well that's bat croutons crazy. . .

Not only can a person not do evil things under the influence of a demon - you never lose your power against a demon, but a person who is under the influence is accountable for their actions. I think of demonic possession pretty much as I think of drug or alcohol addiction. A person becomes so dependent on the emotional fix the demon gives them, they never want to give it up - and that might make it appear the demon is in control, like drugs or alcohol is in control of a person, but lets be clear - are drugs or alcohol really in control, and can the person who is addicted to drugs or alcohol (or addicted to the emotions the demon provides) stop, turn around, and be freed forever through the power of Christ instantly if they are sincere before God?