An Old School Catholic Message Board

ReXteryalizerUri's views of the Catholic Church

ReXteryalizerUri

[b]Yes, but this is why we Catholics love our Magisterium![/b] ("..which is the church of the living God, [u]the pillar and ground of the truth[/u]". 1 Timothy 3:15). [b]

Otherwise we'd start taking certain parts of the Bible out of context [/b]("As also in all [Paul's] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction".2 Peter 3:16) [b]
and forget the only commandment Christ ever called His own[/b] ("This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you".John 15:12).

[b]I thank God that I cannot read hearts the way our omniscient Lord could[/b] ("...nor do I judge according to the look of man: for man seeth those things that appear, but the Lord beholdeth the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7),
[b]that I am not an authority-weilding bishop with the mystical knowledge gleaned from a personal visit to the third Heaven, as St. Paul was[/b] ("...he was caught up into paradise, and heard secret words, which it is not granted to man to utter" 2 Corinthians 12:2-4),[b]
and that I have not been invested with the authority to bind and loose which would grant me the capacity to hear confessions, as our parish priests are[/b] ("When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [u]Whose sins[/u] you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." John 20:22-23),[b]
which means I have no business even assigning the category of "adder-like" to another person[/b] ("Judge not, that you may not be judged, For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7:1; "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven." Luke 6:37)[b]
and that I can safely leave this task in the hands of the One Who will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead[/b] ("Grudge not, brethren, one against another, that you may not be judged. Behold the judge standeth before the door." James 5:9)[b]
and Whose Kingdom will have no end[/b] ("His empire shall be multiplied, and there shall be no end of peace: he shall sit upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom; to establish it and strengthen it with judgment and with justice, from henceforth and for ever: the zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."Isaih 9:7; "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end." Luke 1:33). [b]

Can I get an Amen?[/b]

[quote name='PaladinSoG' timestamp='1298189755' post='2214073']
Is it bad that I skipped most of it's post?
[/quote]

No, actualliy thats commendable.

ed

[quote name='ReXteryalizerUri' timestamp='1298161791' post='2213975']
[size="3"]every word of the catholic is a lie[/size]
[/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]I'm lying
[/size][/font]

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1298160669' post='2213962']
this is so weird, that we have another Rexi here at Phatmass....except....this is bizarro Rexi :crazy:
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought at first Rexi had made a new name - that's why I clicked on the thread!

[quote name='ReXteryalizerUri' timestamp='1298161791' post='2213975']
[size="3"]every word of the catholic is a lie[/size]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img] :amen:

Archaeology cat

Rex, I will pray for you, and I encourage you to truly study what we teach and believe, laying aside any biases and/or preconceived notions. May God bless you.